Sign in to follow this  
Guest netbuster

Real time?

Guest netbuster

Hi all,AS makes real time update weather? Or some hours before?Thanx

Real time, and you can select the intervals.. you can also replay acrhived weather from the past.Rob

Rob Prest

It's not exactly real time. I just downloaded fresh weather, time was 1606 UTC (download hour 16). Downloaded weather is 1450 Zulu, which is UTC. So there's roughly an hour difference. Not sure if the difference is constant. It's understandable, all the weather needs to be processed into the data AS downloads.

Mike...

Guest netbuster

Yes i've noticed there is some difference but not so critical.I use GePro clouds texture and result is superb. Thanx for reply.

Yeah, AS with the automatic GE Pro II ground and sky textures install based on weather is one of thing I couldn't do without now.

Mike...

Guest Jeffhew

I remember hearing/reading, some time ago, that there is a 1 hour delay for metar/tafs being uploaded to the server. I don't know where they get the info from, whether it is Jepp, NOAA, or DUATS even. Nontheless, they must be getting it from an official source which may bring liability concerns about the info being used for real world flights. Jim at HIFI could answer this for sure though. Generally, anything that may be a safety of flight issue, and that is available to the general public, is time delayed. Flight tracking sites on the web are a good example. Best Regards,Jeff

Hi All!!Just an FYI here!METARS are usually updated at the top of each hour. Then it takes 15-20 minutes to gather and process all the data. After that, it is ready to go. If you have your update interval set to 60 and you start AS very close to the end of a METAR cycle, you could end up with 2 hour old weather, because you are at the end of a cycle which is 60 minutes long, and it is 60 minutes before your next update. We are not delaying the data and the Wx Refresh button is your friend! Thanks!!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest netbuster

Thanx Jim for tech reply.Mine was just a curiosity .. and AS is a great weather program.With AS i find the pleasure to fly into a real sky .. the ony secretis the appropriate clouds, sky and ground textures. GEPro/ASGgives a great improvement. The program for me worth more then his price. Congratulations ..I hope future FS9 versions will have some graphic enhancements as for FX GUI. :-)

Guest Jeffhew

Thanks for clearing that up Jim. On top of it as always!I didn't think you were delaying the the data but, that the provider was delaying it. It's clear now though.Best Regards,Jeff

Guest netbuster

My Flight Sim System:WinXP Home SP2 PAEINTEL Core

Guest Jeffhew

>Jeff ... you forgot to include your halogen Philips table>lamp!! :-lol>>(joking) ...and my collection of Ernest Borgnine Nude photos.(Really Joking) :-erks :-erks :-erks :-lol :-lol :-lol Regards,Jeff