Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

Flight Environment or Real Environment Pro?

Which do you think looks better visually in FS 9, the payware Flight Environment or the freeware by Tim Fuchs, Real Environment Professional? I haven't found any water colors that I like in Flight Environment and was wondering if there is something better out there.Kim

Rick, I checked out the website and all I can say is WOW! I can't wait for this one to come out either. Also, are you happy with Nhancer?Jim, I realize that these two programs do different things, but there is some overlap with clouds, sun and water textures and I was wondering if these textures looked better in one versus the other. Right now, I'm not happy with the ocean water colors in the 9 Dragons scenery, too aqua colored, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to remove Flight Environment for Real Environment Pro. I'm guessing there would be some conflicts with both programs installed in FS 9. I might just wait for the above product to become available too.Kim

Hello guys,I glad this came up as I discovered Tim Fuchs REP this evening. At the moment I'm using the freeware airport environment upgrade which improves things a little but not as much as I would like. Looking at the pictures of REP it seems pretty good.Any opinions from users would be very much appreciated, TIA.

Guest ledzzepplin

Kim,When I got my new computer back in October, I expected to run FSX without any performance problems. Wasn't the case. After endless setting changes, system and config tweaks, I decided to try nHancer. It worked well for me. I have all sliders to the right in FS9. FPS top out around 60, even at major airports with moderate traffic and autogen. The sim is very smooth and fluid with just an occasional micro-stutter.I'm not so lucky with FSX. It's better by using nHnacer with around 26 FPS over rural areas where it's very flyable. Without it, best I could do was 10-12. But even with nHancer, I'm still experiencing a fair amount of stuttering and major airports drag FSX down to the 8 to 10 FPS range.I'm trying to decide if I should move to XP-64 or Vista to get more FPS out of FSX.

Guest Jeffhew

"Whenever I feel like exercising, I lie down until the feeling goes away."Too Funny Rick! I think you're my long lost twin.Best Regards,Jeff

Kim,what I did was I added a few freeware water sets to the FE interface (and a few sunsets/sunrises). It is quite easy and you get everything you want easily accessible through the elegant FE interface. All that is needed is to add a few lines to the FE config file and copy the right textures to the right folder(s). If my memory serves me, FE comes with instructions on how to add custom textures.Regards,Jure

Jure,I'll check out FE and see if I can find the instructions for adding custom textures. Thanks for the hint. Any suggestions for water textures that don't make the water look so aqua colored?Rick,I was going to get Nhancer for the black aircraft selection thumbnail problem with Nvidia drivers using over 4X AA. I didn't think that there was any performance improvement advantages to using Nhancer.Also, anybody have opinions about of Tim Fuchs REP freeware?Kim

Guest ledzzepplin

Kim,Hmmm ... I wasn't aware there was a thumbnail problem. I surely don't have any problems with that here.nHancer also helped with getting rid of most of the dreaded "blurries".