Sign in to follow this  
Guest StRanNgeR

Yoke help please

Guest StRanNgeR

i Didnt know where to post this, but here it goes. I've just received my new CH yoke and CH Pro Pedals, and im just wondering some of the buttons on the yoke are configured to something that i dont want, is there any way that i can reconfigure them? and when im on the approach i have to literally pull a lot the yoke so my plane would flare - is that a problem? or is it just the way it is?

Guest Sinnerman49

I'd suggest getting a registered copy of Dawson's FSUIPC.With it - you can control EVERYTHING related to your Yoke setup.The kicker is - you can make the settings Aircraft Specific.Soo....For that 747 Heavy, you can set the Yoke response to be a bit heavierAnd for those 172 flights, you cans set the yoke to automatically be a bit lighter.Not to mention every button and axis is customizable as well.

Guest StRanNgeR

oh, cant i do it some other way?

You can assign each button to do what you wish via the FS9 settings menu under the assignments tab.As for the yoke movement, I would suggest checking the calibration using the CH utility, and also making sure the alignment wheel on the yoke is adjusted properly.-Jeremy

Guest StRanNgeR

im sorry but i just got my yoke today, and where is the alignment wheel?

Hi,On some yokes there are toothed wheels that can be used as trim wheels either up/down or right/left. My old Pro Pilot had 2 of them. Don't worry if you do not have them. Your first step is to calibrate everything in Windows using Control Panel/Game Controllers.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest StRanNgeR

i will calibrate them, and i have that thing on my yoke that looks like a trim, but its kinda hard to move it, and im afraid if i move it by force, i will brake it

Guys why are you discussing this here? There is a sticky at the top of the forum that clearly states that hardware posts and related driver issues don't belong here.And a yoke is still a piece of hardware.

Oh give the guy a break and just don't read it... jesh. No better way to drive someone off the forums than to jump his, and OUR arse.He is clearly new to this stuff. Let the moderator do his job.To the original poster:The trim wheel IS a bit hard to move, go ahead and move it. But the best deal is to calibrate as described above and then save up for the FSUIPC. Its a great buy.Good luck.

Guest StRanNgeR

ok thanks, i calibrated, and i'll think i'll get FSUIPC, i dont know tho

>The trim wheel IS a bit hard to move, go ahead and move it. >But the best deal is to calibrate as described above and then>save up for the FSUIPC. Its a great buy.That "trim wheel" is there mainly to compensate for the lack of any "trim control" on some older PC game titles.The best thing to do in any version of FS is to forget it's there! ;)Assign pitch trim to the left-hand rocker switch, as most a/c these days have electric trim anyway... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator