Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Mach-1 Design Group FT. LAUDERDALE KFLL is out!

>AES has never contacted me so I don't think they're>interested in doing my airports. Jaxan I hope they do contact you, it would be nice having some of your scenerys with there features some of the guys here posted at there fourm requesting it. I would like to say that having worked at the ramp and seeing countless amounts of bags jet-ways driving belt loaders push-back trucks tugs etc etc that I really do enjoy aes. and at least to me it adds some life to the airport terminals. but I can understand why some people are not into that kind of detail or eye candy.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thanks for another great scenery! I really like the addition of the cruise ships and freighters...DJ

Well said MikeDid a>bit of math once about the cost of upgrading all the available>airports and the result was staggering. And it's mostly the>same people who start talking about an AES upgrade, so it's>not just one or two airports they enable. I wonder if they>ever do the math. I think it's better for them not to. ;-)Why do people care about how others spend their money? If you don't like it fine don't buy it but please don't worry about my math; how I spend my hard earned money; or which airports I CHOOSE to ask for AES ask thanks ;).As for the cost you choose the aiport (s) you want you don't have to buy them all so the perceived value is truly in the eye of the beholder. No to mention, the pushback alone with different tugs and precision guiding to the appropriate taxiway makes it worth the $$ alone. Or how about being pushed back and then towed out of the alley at KEWR just like they do it in real life? To me, that is realism as is the jetway aligning perfectly with my a/c, whichever one I am flying and whichever gate I am vectored to. You can always run AES without having any vehicles service your a/c but the jetway/pushback features alone make it worth the money to me.Glad you guys feel better for venting about it and letting the forums know you feel it is overpriced though; you really added a positive tone to a thread saying thank you, well done...Paul the always AES requesting must have failed 2nd grade math simmer...Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul, this thread didn't really go sour until your post.And we've all thanked Mach-1. And even if a person said he didn't like Mach-1 sceneries, that shouldn't be a problem, right? Or are we only allowed to dump on CaptainSim and friends. And not on anyone else and certainly not on freeware developers. What is it with all this political correctness lately?At the end of the day I'm not concerned with how you spend your money. I'm concerned about the average price of addons, which has only gone up in recent years. Every now and then your hear someone say something about the price, there's a modest outcry when PMDG changes from Dollar to Euro overnight, but people keep buying...Sure, you can choose which airports to enable, but most people aren't gonna stop there. Like Mike said, a couple hundred dollars to enable a good deal. A couple hundred dollars?! A couple hundred dollars for a flight simulator addon?You know, if there's this much money among the average flight simulator enthusiast, why don't we start work on a rival to Microsoft's FS. This idea has been mentioned before. We've got enough skilled developers, we've apparently got more than enough funds. Just imagagine how much you would be willing to spend on an entire sim that would get it right if you are willing to part ways with a couple hundred dollars on one addon that amounts to only a small percentage of sim time (unless you're doing really shorthaul flights).Addon pricing is starting to be a lot like oil pricing and well, you know how that works...

Mike...

Sorry if I soured the thread, I thought it went bad with a "715" word rant against AES and its pricing ;) As for prices going up, I guess I have just become immune, it cost me more for electric, my car was $28 to fill when I first got it, $63 now... Milk costs more, so if all of these things cost us the consumer more why shouldn't developers be raising their prices to offset the costs they have for those same items? People have to make money and developers don't spend all of those hours working to not be able to afford their own gas at the end of the week so as prices go up around us I find it natural that FS developers have raised their prices.As for our own sim, why don't we all just finance X-Plane ;) And yes, I think that FS is in large part like real world flying, an expensive hobby that to date has never left me regretting the money spent ;) Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

To an extent I can understand a slight increase, but we are talking about mostly download products that are made behind a PC. So what kind of costs have increased exactly? But perhaps that is for another time. Wouldn't want to drag this off-topic any further. ;-)

Mike...

Looked at it, liked it, BUT! I use Freeflow Florida, along with it's AI. I wish the scenery was confined to just the Airport area. the static Ships and stuff overlap the Freeflow scenery. While this is a nice job on the Airport. It's not much of an improvement over J C McCormicks KFll, which while a frame Hog, seems very adequate for me. Don't know for sure but, this problem might exist for Ultimate Terrain also. Now if there is a way of eliminating the static stuff, I could make a closer comparison. Excellent Effort.Bill *:-*

>So what kind of costs have increased exactly?Inflation, demand, and increased complexity of add-ons.Jeff H.KDEN

Guest M1DG Jaxan

Bill, You can remove the port stuff as its a separate BGL, but I goofed with the ships as they are part of the vehicles BGL, so to delete them you would lose all the ground equipment as well. But if you want to remove it, here is a list of the port files...fllpe.bglfllpe2.bglfllpe_VTPL.bglfllpe_LWM2.bgland then KFLL_Vehix.bgl for the ships. If you want, you can email me and I'll send you a new KFLL_Vehix file without the ships.