Sign in to follow this  
Guest 777flyer

Your opinion is needed and will be appreciated

Guest 777flyer

Hiya,I've recently purchased the fyltampa kai tak scenery and have been practicing a lot on executing the apporach currently.I'd appreciate if you'd view : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DDG2NVndRG4and let me know if im over banking, over flaring or even overshoting the tdz (i know i am but i want to know if this specific approach justifies a go around)thanks in advance.

Awesome! Your computer runs very smoothly from VC... :) The only thing I saw was the landing was a little long. Your turn to final looked right on... :-coolI have to get this scenery, gotta love Fly Tampa,Wish they would update their name-sake...but that is for another thread,Cheers,;Scott

Guest 777flyer

136 views and only one informative comment ??are you kidding me ? thanks for nothing

The first writer said about all that was needed. With a response like yours,I wouldn't be counting on much reponse in the future.Lighten up.

>136 views and only one informative comment ??>>are you kidding me ? thanks for nothingAlso, don't forget that all those viewiers aren't necessarily Avsim members.EDIT: Oh, and BTW, you are asking something very technical and can only be answered correctly by either a real world pilot who has hands on experience at Kai Tak or by a very knowlegeable simmer. All in all, what you're asking is a very hard question, if you're expecting decent answers :)happy landings

You landed at Tai-Tak, in the touchdown zone, on center-line....I'm not sure what you want us to tell you. YOU as the pilot-in-command are the final responsibility for your aircraft, if can land and stop safely for any given approach, do it. If you cannot land safely for any given approach, don't. BTW, welcome to Avsim, FYI, respect for your fellow forum members go a long away, inversely, smart remarks don't.

Hi:From watching a lot of videos on Kai Tek and trying the approach myself I would say you did an excellent job of landing.RegardsRick

Yeah, what the heck was wrong with that? I to have made a few videos of my RWY 13 KaiTak landings -- each and every one ends with a magificent panaramic shot of the bay. And my plane sinking into it, 30 feet past the end of the runway. :-lol

>Hiya,>>I've recently purchased the fyltampa kai tak scenery and have>been practicing a lot on executing the apporach currently.>>I'd appreciate if you'd view : >http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DDG2NVndRG4>>and let me know if im over banking, over flaring or even>overshoting the tdz (i know i am but i want to know if this>specific approach justifies a go around)>>thanks in advance.>you already know where you need to improve so I will reinterate what I see also.You are on Localizer but the plane is not in the proper slot on the glideslope. You are slotted too high causing the Glide Path of the plane from transitioning off the GS to a proper VGSI. The VGSI IS coincident all the way down the Glide Slope when slotted properly on Glidepath. Too high and fast (4 white lights on VASI) caused the plane to overshoot the touchdown bars by about an additonal 1000 ft.Based on angle of attack you are too fast on the approach and out of trim which makes for a overshoot and more of a flat landing. You started the turn too soon which lead to a flatter bank angle. Watch the real world Kai Tak videos. The pilots fly further down the localizer before banking. Bank the plane in the turn so the center line of the runway comes to you and then roll out on center line.As stated earlier only you the PIC justifies if you should Go Around based on many factors such as once wheels are on runway can you stop safely without damage to engines because of high reverse thrust loads, runway length available, passenger comfort and safty, etc.Our final thought process on any approach is not the landing but we are always thinking missed approach procedures. If the decision to land is final based on all varibles we land just like you did. May not be perfect and there is always room for improvement.

Guest digitalHD

Jim,May i ask if you're a real 747 pilot ?