Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

AFG Caravelle released!

I'm downloading from AVSIM now :-)Be aware that there's no VC - but it is completely free :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>I'm downloading from AVSIM now :-)>>Be aware that there's no VC - but it is completely free :-)Thanks Gavin gonna go download her now. ;)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Wait till you see her, she's a work of art. Just installed, looked, picked up dropped jaw from the floor - and now I have to go to bed 'cos it's Monday tomorrow.Ah well, something to look forward to after work :-)

Gavin Barbara

Thanks for the heads-up, I only use the 2-D panel flying jetliners so the lack of VC is no loss for me. Great to see a beautiful Caravelle, I would have bought this one. Many thanks to all the people involved!

Hi,I'm getting a warning from Kaspersky Anti-virus on the execute file for the Caravelle. It can't id a specific virus but tags it as adware. Anyone had any issues with it?Dale

Dale

I am sure the deveopers of the Caravelle, who have spent hundreds of hours creating this FREE masterpiece, will be pleased to read your comments. I am not sure why you even posted it. Truly unnecessary.:-hmmm

Graeme Butler

I've bought Captain Sim with no inside guts, just for the artwork of the exterior. I'd get this one for the same reasons. I guess I appreaciate talented graphics when it comes to aircraft exteriors. Besides, as much as I like VC's for general aviation, they are not always the perfect choice for airline cockpits. Everything is just to small, and you can't get to it all in real time.L.Adamson

>Hi,>>I'm getting a warning from Kaspersky Anti-virus on the execute>file for the Caravelle. It can't id a specific virus but tags>it as adware. Anyone had any issues with it?>>DaleThis is from the AFG forum: http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/cgi-bin/forum...;num=1217885973

Gavin Barbara

I just downloaded it and took her for a test flight. WOW!!! and I mean WOWWW!!! this is one quality aircraft, it requires a lot of learning too.Congratulations and thanks to the developpers who have given us this baby freely, thank you again guys for your generosity.Best regards

This is one extremely high quality plane. Easily could have sold for +$50, but it's free! I really don't see how it could have ever been done with a VC. Anyone who expects that needs to look at some real cockpit pictures at airliners.net This bird had panels stuffed everwhere, and the most essential are in this sim, AND are operational. The flight model is superb. There is a lack of cockpit side views. However I was able to remedy that using some bmp's from the super12 Caravelle here at avsim. I'll post over at AFG and see if the folks there will agree to my posting a new panel.cfg. Mike

The post is not a personal attack, it does not contain profanity. It's a simple question. Why would the devs take offense? Why would it be truly unnecessary?For everybody's information, I use ZoneAlarm Anti-virus and the anti-virus part of it is powered by Kaspersky. With the two latest packages from MAIW, I also get a warning about 'AdWare.Win32.EShoper.ba'. (I already let MAIW know.)Obviously they are false positives. False Positives are part of (almost) everyday internet life. Even the Flight1 wrappers were falsely identified once. Personally, I think it's better if we just talk about it openly. We know what the deal is, so no harm done.By the way, does anyone know of a FP Report Form for Kaspersky? I see a general 'request' form, but nothing specific. The sooner it is reported, the sooner definitions can be updated. ;-)Edit: someone with the full Kaspersky product can report it using the program it self, see this thread for instructions.

Mike...

Thanks,I told Kaspersky to accept this file as ok. Everything loaded without a problem and I got it flying today. Very nice aircraft.Dale

Dale