Sign in to follow this  
out

Posky 777-200v2 released

Guest nikita12345

Everything works splended. VERY AWESOMELY DONE. THanx for sharing. I have one problem tho. Every is clicable and working however i cannot engage the FD Swithc on the pedestral. Auto throttle arm i can swtich on and off, same as autopilot and everything else exept for FD switch. When i switch it to on position it suddenlty goes to off. Please help!!

Thank you!! :D

Amsim_Sig_3.png

Jonas Jarneborn - My photos on flickr

Intel Core i7 950 @ 4Ghz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | XFX ATI HD5870 1GB | Corsair 12GB DDR3 Dominator 1600MHz | 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series | 1TB WD Caviar Black SATA III 64MB | 1TB Samsung SATA II 32MB | Windows 7 64bit | LG 27'' LCD Screen

I'm with sander on this one; the model is indeed terrific - although in contrast to comments on different forums, it's not in a different league to the MelJet model, which (as it was designed all those years ago for FS2002) is still very good indeed. (and it has a virtual cabin.) I was initially pleased to see that the Posky FD seemed to be better than those on the recent 747s and 737s; a couple of tweaks needed on flap drag and cruise attitude, but nothing too serious - until you try to land it. ;)

>it's not>in a different league to the MelJet model, which (as it was>designed all those years ago for FS2002) is still very good>indeed. (and it has a virtual cabin.)With all respect to Melvin whose models I happily flew for years:I'd say it IS in a different league, just for the reason you gave above (years have passed). An outstanding model as usual, no doubt.It even has the cargo and luggage loaders, which may please especially those not using AES.>a couple of tweaks needed on flap drag>and cruise attitude, but nothing too serious - until you try>to land it. That's why I've always treated Posky models as base for tweaks.This way they fly generally as the ones panels come from. :)I especially like the LR version.BTW the -300 is also coming if someone cares:http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?showtopic=33028Best regards,Rafal

Melvin's model was ahead of the curve at the time, for sure. Rather than waste time tinkering with the Posky FD, I've replaced it with my own.Speaking of panels: does anyone have any recommendations for a good freeware panel for the 777, now that the Posky has arrived? The one I'm using is of the same vintage as Melvin's 777 model!Thanks.;)

So they mention the "large cargo door" if the model has a "L" in it...how do we know which airlines have this mentioned door?

Upcoming FlightsAugust TripIB154 XRY-MAD 1400/1500 A320BA465 MAD-LHR 1730/1850 B752IB3177 LHR-MAD 1625/1945 A320IB154 MAD-XRY 2130/2235 A320USAUS733 LGW-CLT 1135/1550 A333US732 CLT-LGW 2015/0900 A333FrankfurtWork in progress.

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

>So they mention the "large cargo door" if the model has a "L">in it...how do we know which airlines have this mentioned>door?We don't have to. Each livery pack has the appropriate model files included.At least as much as I understand it.Best regards,Rafal

Cool fair enough. What about if we want to use the AES file and then when we open the cargo doors we get both the POSKY unloaders and the AES ones too?

Upcoming FlightsAugust TripIB154 XRY-MAD 1400/1500 A320BA465 MAD-LHR 1730/1850 B752IB3177 LHR-MAD 1625/1945 A320IB154 MAD-XRY 2130/2235 A320USAUS733 LGW-CLT 1135/1550 A333US732 CLT-LGW 2015/0900 A333FrankfurtWork in progress.

>Cool fair enough. What about if we want to use the AES file>and then when we open the cargo doors we get both the POSKY>unloaders and the AES ones too?>You know I'm a big AES fan Henz! POSKY are the only crew who give you options.....but you must read readme's. :) (Clue=Posky Utility)I have been campaigning for an AES Lite for UK2000 Airports....Oliver's reason for not doing so was "People will not read readme's".Let's not prove him right! ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191321.jpg

Thanks Ed, my bad! But you should have that pax jetway on door L2 :(Henz

Guest captain777er

Hi, first thanks for your great input, 2ndly I am new at this forum and after doing all the steps on your post I had a small issue: the take off speed with the same configuration, Pss and Posky 772LR, the planes have different TO speeds and Posky are much much higger. Pss goes up at 150 knots full thanks and Posky about 200 knots, Both using same air file, could you help help me with that?Thanks once again

Guest Evers

Any chance of a more detailed explanation of fixing those purple bits on the model?also have the same problem as captain777er with the high rotation speed.

Try adding more trim, somewhere around 9 nose up seems to work reasonably well.

>Any chance of a more detailed explanation of fixing those>purple bits on the model?Sure. There is a much easier solution.Download another Posky livery pack of the same engine type model.Copy the XXX_parts_T.bmp from there into the one that gives you purple colour.It's better (don't know why) to have this particular texure as 32 Bit.So it has around 4MB instead of 1MB. Just replace them and voilla!>Try adding more trim, somewhere around 9 nose up seems to>work reasonably well.Yes, exactly. The bird indeed is more heavy to lift up and to brake down than PSS.That probably comes from the 'Weight and Balance' section that I did not change in my merge leaving it as Posky's original.I can try to tune it later, when I find some time.Or if someone else wants to do it, that would also be nice.Posky is exceptionally sensitive to any erratic changes it this section.I remember my problems in merging their 747s.Trimming more than the FMS suggests is the way to go now.As for the rest of the ground meovement and flight itself, I've found no problems so far.One more thing I fogot to mention and should have.In case someone didn't figure it out himself:Make your aircraft.cfg refer to the PSS air file (PSSB777LR-GE.air) not Posky's.So the begining of your merged Posky-PSS 777 should look similarly to this:{fltsim.0}title=PSS Boeing 777-200LR Posky Delta mergesim=PSSB777LR-GEmodel=panel=sound=texture=deltachecklists=atc_airline=DELTAatc_id=N702DNatc_flight_number=777atc_heavy=0atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_code=DLAui_manufacturer=Project Openskyui_type=777-200LRui_variation=Delta Air Linesvisual_damage=0description=Posky PSS mergeSorry for not having made it clear.Best regards,Rafal