Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

ntdll.dll - error

Hey!Since over 4 years I use Win XP Pro for my FS2004, which I try to keep clean with all means, and I never had the problem that I have now since a couple of months.When I am flying, sometimes the FS crashes and always there is the same message, that something is wrong with the ntdll.dll, and I have to restart. However, sometimes I even cannot restart anymore. Tired and unhappy, I suit then..When I start my PC the next day, it sometimes works for half a day with no problem, and then suddenly there is the same error again....I am suspecting the temperature of my system ( processor or so... ) but, when I read on the internet fora, both flightsims and non flilghtsims, I see that this same error occurs on the whole world with various systemes and applications since Win98, over win 2000 and NT, and also with WinXP Pro and Home, mostl of the times with Internet explorer, but also with Flight simulator FS9 and/or FSX.I'm almost so far that I want to give up flying, it just is no longer funny anymore.I really tried all the things that other people advised me on the net and to colleagues of mine with the same problem. Is anybody there who can give me better advise? I'm desperate now!GreetzJive1

Unfortunately that particular error can be generated from a multitude of sources and is therefore exceptionally difficult to track down.You may have already seen this, but if not, the author lists many of the possible causes and makes suggestions which may be of value:http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/ntdlldll.htmGood luck.

I would suggest running chkdsk /F or /R on whichever disk your FS and pagefile reside on... the ntdll error is frequently caused by bad data on the disk.DJ

I just went through this. Have you updated any AI recently? I had a problem with corrupt textures in a CDAI repaint. Once I deleted the offending textures from my AI package and replaced them with others, I no longer had the problem. What was weird about my issue was that I could sometime see the repaints without problem, but when they flew into the area, FS9 would CTD. Sometimes it would give a ntdll.dll error and sometimes just straight CTD. Hope this helps.Eric

Guest jsvw2001

Unplug your HD IDE cable (if you are running on IDE) and plug it in again. If you are lucky, it might work.

Hey! ubersu,I think you were right!A checkdisk was one of the items I did not try yet, so right after reading your message, I started a checkdisk....What do you think?... Yes! Right!For a while, I thought it was not the good solution, because the first restart of FS9 after the checkdisk, I had a ntdll-error again, but I guess that must have been due to the "first" start after the checkdisk, and the fact that fs9.exe had to refind out how te start in a newly organised disk. But after that first time, I restarted another 5 or 6 times and no more ntdll-errors, even not when I entered the area of EBOS where the error used to occur every time again and again before.So thank you very much for having remind me that a checkdisk has to be done from time to time, before getting errors like it was the case with me.Thank also for the other advises I got here, I tried really each of the things you told me, except... the diskcheck, I did not before.I hope that ntdll-error is over now!GreetzJive1

I hope your error is done for. I had just had the same problem and found two bad blocks right in the middle of the page file. Running Chkdsk from time to time is a good idea because errors can occur in areas of the disk which are not currently in use and those areas will blow you out of the water when a read/write is attempted on them. My symptoms included bad disk churn as the controller attempted to retry the reads/writes, the ntdll error, and one blue screen - the first I had in years.DJ