Sign in to follow this  
Guest SimonA

Vista, FS 2004 and add ons

I do not run Vista (still very happy with XP) but here are a couple of things I have read in other posts and forums which you might try.1. Run as Adminstrator - and disable most, of not all "permissions". I do not know where that is done but it seems to be necessary.2. Right click on the Desktop shortcut which starts FS2004, and select Properties and then select "Compatibility".Select run as XP Serv Pak 2 (or whatever it says which is close to those words.3. Not sure where this is done but there is also an option to disable screen or display composition (cannot remember the exact words).The latter two suggestions may be dependent upon what Video Card you are using - I just do not know.No guarantees - but this is what some others have recommended. They may or may not work for you.Hope this may help.

Guest SimonA

Thanks a lot, David - the compatibility suggestion seemed to be the solution. You

I have just done the same thing and I'm afraid you are in for a bucket load of irritations but the good news is that you should be able to battle through to a reasonably successful conclusion.The previous post is correct: another thing which seems to be necessary is to turn User Account Control off. I'm afraid I can't remember precisely how to do this but you ought to be able to find a few references in here or at Microsoft.One other tip, if you find that you lock up when using the in-flight FS9 menu or get corrupted panels etc when switching views, try switching between full screen & windowed modes (Alt Enter) - this seems to clear most problems.

ngxu_banner.png