Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

Biber Salsa's LTBA scenery giving blue screen with NVIDIA card

Hello,Only the Istanbul Ataturk airport scenery is having this problem. When I load the scenery, I get a stop error referring to my Nvidia driver (DLL file). But other airports are not giving any problems. Yesterday, I even did a full flight from London Heathrow (FRF Studio version) to Munich (Heiko Futerrer's version) and no problems at all. At first, I was able to load my plane at the gate at LTBA (Istanbul, Ataturk airport) but then I cannot load it at all. I had also loaded the Turkey mesh, Marmara region geography and Istanbul City scenery from 2005. Even when I uninstall everything but just the airport, I get a blue screen - same error each time referring to the nvidia driver. The scenery starts loading and finishes loading and before I see the airport, the blue screen appears.I checked the forums for Biber Salsa's LTBA scenery (www.sanalpilot.com) but no mention of this problem. I changed the settings in the NVIDIA control panel for FS2004 (FS9) and set only the basic settings for anti-aliasing (8x), and anisotrophic filtering. FS2004 is set to do anti-anti-aliasing and tri-linear filtering. Nvidia is also set for trilinear filtering. I had this scenery installed on my previous (older) PC which had an ATI video card (X850 Pro) and had NO problems. In fact, the installation I have on my new PC is from the backup copy of the same scenery so the files are the same.Has anyone any idea what may be causing this? I suspect an issue with Nvidia but only this airpot has this issue...Thanks for any help you can provide.John

Are you referring to the FS2002 version - ltba2002.zip - here in the library?If so, I just installed it and had no issues. My Video card is a NVidia 7900GS (modest I know).It displays very nicely and no error message such as you report.I would be interested to know if there is a newer version specifically for FS2004.

Hello David,No, I have the 2005 version for FS2004 which is the latest version of this scenery as far as I know.I also forgot to mention that I also use FSGENESIS mesh and the area around Istanbul looks wrong - the Bosphorus is land-covered! I do not know what happened. I have completely removed the Turkish scenery and deleted the files also. I will try to figure this out when I can.John

Would you provide the exact filename and where you got it please?I don't find a 2005 version here in the library but i could have missed it.Thanks in advance.

http://www.sanalpilot.com/downloads/ltba2005.zipThere is also an LTBA2005PATCH1.ZIP file on the same website. I do not see it on AVSIM nor FLIGHTSIM but I may have missed it.*** Back to the problem at hand: I also have FSCENE textures. I tried removing all the EUROPE AUTOGEN ( .AGN ) files to see if this helped. No change. Bluescreen again with the exact filename of the driver involved being "NV4_DISP.DLL".I had temporarily set a registry "tweak" to DISABLE PAGING EXECUTIVE under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerMemory Management...... but if there was a general issue with the NVIDIA driver, I figure all my airports would have problems. I did more tests today, switching quickly to several payware airports like KJFK, KLAX, EHAM (cloud 9), and others like Zurich and no issues there at all. I have not tried other Turkish airpots because I have not installed any yet.John

Just reporting back. I got the 2005 version and the patch (basically some missing textures etc.), installed it and it works beautifully on my default setup in XP.So I guess I cannot offer any advice - especially since you have some add-ons and tweaks which I do not.If you want to try replacing that dll, try this site:http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?nv4_dispGood luck.

Hello,I did download the nv4_disp.dll but just to let you know about my latest "test": when I install EVERYTHING including the Marmara scenery, the Istanbul city scenery but DO NOT install the actual airport scenery ltba2005, all works beautifully. So when running the DEFAULT airport LTBA but with the add-on mesh and Istanbul and Marmara scenery, no crashes at all. So something in the airport scenery for Istanbul Ataturk airport is causing this blue-screen. By the way the "mesh" for Turkiye is the one by Abdulkadir (from 2005 I think, which is what I had in my original installation on my old PC when this scenery worked OK), but the one by Tuncer Celik which is a more recent version. And this works OK with the other scenery as far as I can tell in any case. So the issue is for sure, with the airport scenery itself...Thanks again. I am not surprised that yours works fine because my installation which I used to have on my old PC (with the ATI card worked well also). Do you use an ATI or an NVIDIA card by chance? John

I have a very modest NVidia card - which I think died on me this morning!Have you tried changing the priority of the LTBA scenery?If not, try movinging it all the way down - just above Propeller Objects and see if that makes any difference.Stranger things have happened.

Hi again,I have not tried changing the priority to such a low one but I did try completely uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers and re-installing the newest ones. No change.This is probably a texture issue for the airport scenery itself whereby enabling certain features in the NVidia control panel causes a serious condition with this airport scenery, and hence the stop error. It may have something to do with the anti-alisiasing optimization, and other "extra" settings found in the Nvidia control panel.At this point, I have ALL BUT (Marmara, Turkey mesh, Istanbul city) the airport scenery loaded and with the default LTBA, all runs fine. And since several payware and freeware airport sceneries I have all run perfectly, it is somehing about the textures of this scenery which causes a conflict with the NVidia drivers - that is what I think, in any case. I run Simflyers sceneries, Cloud9 Amsterdam, and freeware FRF studios sceneries for Heathrow, Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson, Vienna Schwechat, Zurich Kloten, Munich - no issues at all and good frame rates.Can

Guest 413X3

with the latest 2 nvidia driver releases, winxp, nvidia 8800gtx, im getting tons of blue screens and fs9 error messages. they must be related to the new drivers. did you update your nvidia drivers recently?

Yes, the update is the latest version on their website from last week. I am not at home now but I believe it is 175.19?Which versions did you have before the last two which did NOT give any errors? If you can tell me, I will downgrade my drivers to these versions.Thanks

Is there anyone else who had crashes or blue screens since updating their NVidia drivers? I'm curious. I have not done any simming this week but wanted to get some more feedback on this possible issue. Could it be that if we reduce the settings in the NVidia control panel to minimums and turn off certain "unnecessary" settings, that the crashes may disappear?

Guest 413X3

I gave up, and finished building a new system with vista 64bit. just installing fs9 and fsx now, hope to get a few test flights in

I had verified the www.sanalpilot.com website about a week ago and to my "delight" I found that at least one other person is having the exact same problem as me - blue screens when opening Istanbul 2005 airport by Biber Salsa. However, the forum was not accepting anymore members so I could not join to ask this person if he had an NVidia card or not etc... So the issue seems isolated for now to LTBA. I have not installed the older NVidia drivers yet. When I do, I'll post the results here for anyone who might also be having the same issue.John