Sign in to follow this  
rightseater

VC help please.....screenshot attached

Greetings all,I am trying to install the CLS G1000 in my Maule, but for some reason it keeps showing up behind the panel, as can be seen through the cutouts for the gauges. I would appreciate any help resolving this issue. I also have the Mindstar G1000 in case any of you are familiar with installing that one instead.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191266.jpg

Yep, I just got an e-mail saying the same thing. It's a shame though. I think the G1000 would look nice in the Maule.

I had the same problem last night when trying to add some ISG buttons to the Posky 777 VC - they only show up in or behind the open gauge holes. I guess that's a characteristic of the buttons, and not the VC itself. I should really spring for Panel Studio and quit the trial-and-error method of gauge placement.John G.

John G.

Nope, that's a VC characteristic. Gauges can only be placed in existing "holes" and frames in the VC, which the designer has placed in it. You can't help that with Panel studio or any other panel design software.

Thanks for clarifying that; this is the first VC I've done any panel work on. I was finally able to fit the ISG LNAV and VNAV buttons into two existing switch positions in the VC, with some repetition to get the position right. Very pleased with the results.John G.

John G.