Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave92

Problems with exit/engine select

Guest Dave92

Hi,Since a couple of days ago any control assignments which require the use of an item selection by number - such as the exit (Shift+E+number) or engine (E+number) select controls are not working properly. If I try to use either of the controls it will automatically default to assignment 1 and not give me any time to select a different item. So I can only select engine 1 or open exit 1. I first noticed the problem after installing new Saitek rudder pedals and have tried a few solutions. I have tried giving the two controls different key assignments which eliminate the need for Shift to be used (F9 for engines and F10 for exits) but that has not solved the problem. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue or have any idea on how to fix it?Thanks for reading, all help appreciated :-)Regards,Dave

Guest RonB49

Are you pressing and holding the E or Shift+E as you press the number? Shift+E+number makes it appear as if that's what you are doing. If so, then that is your problem. You should press and release Shift+E, then immediately press and release a number key. In other words Shift+E, number.For so weird reason Shift+E+number works sometimes on some systems. The other way (Shift+E, number) should work all the time on all systems. Is it related to your new rudder pedals? Who knows?BTW, how do you like the Saitek pedals? I may be replacing my CH yoke and pedals soon and the Saitek looks good (well made).R-

Guest Dave92

Hi there,I have tried both approaches now (Shift+E+number and Shift+E, number) without success :-( Thanks for the idea though.I really like the Saitek pedals. They seem to be solid and well made plus the Saitek-ish features of adjustable tension and adjustable pedal size add to the appeal :-) I have never owned any others so I can't say how they perform in comparison to the CH pedals but they are certainly a good piece of hardware.Dave

I own both the CH pedals and the Saitek. All I can tell you is that I just replaced the CH with the Saitek -- I much prefer the Saitek pedals. And I hate the company! Their customer service sucks. :-/

Hi Dave,Try to install my gauge rcbse-10.zip from the library.The readme explains all about why this problem occurs, and the included gauge should solve it (for select-engine and select-exit only ! ).Although I've never heard that Rudder pedals could cause this "continous event" problem too, since "jittering" axis are not detected as event that interfere with these multi-keystroke commands.It's usally an addon gauge that doesn't behave as it should.Cheers, Rob

Guest Dave92

Thanks Rob! Downloading that now :-)Thanks again for all the help.Dave

This probably has nothing to do with it, but for what it is worth:If you are not already doing so, try start up FS with the default Cessna 172. With some third party aircraft I have had the same problem with starting the no. 2 (or 3 and 4) engines as well as opening doors. In some cases problems with starting the engines at all. Resorting to the default startup of the program seemed to cure this problem for me.It might be worth a try.Good luck:RTH