Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

Best Big Airport in FS with most Details ?

Guest A386

Hello,what commercial or freeware product represents the biggest and most detailed Airport in FS ? With things like working Follow-Me Car, supply traffic, push-back Truck, moving Gate etc.My question is not about best framerates or a favourite location, it's just to see what is technical possible with FS today.

Hi there,there's a lot to choose from, but as far as big freeware airports go, this has to be one of my favourites:http://www.cyul2002.com/cyul2002_en.htmlFor a more exotic location, try this:http://pages.infinit.net/mkaram/Leb2002/evolution.htmHaving just missed St.Patricks day, you could check out Ireland here:http://www.ifsd.ieThose are just a few of the excellent offerings out there, but it's a start....Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

A386,Gary Summons' UK Airports represents the most detailed British airports given that some compromises have to be made for an acceptable frame rate. My own local airport - Manchester - is a very good example of what Gary has achieved.Visit here for more info... www.uk2000scenery.bizland.com/puplic/products.htmCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My buddy Ray is so correct. Garry's UK2000 airports are just excellent. His EGLL (Heathrow), is just OUTSTANDING, IMHO. Now on to others. SimFlyers which is also paywhere has some of the best airports: KIAD, KDFW, KLAX, KPHL, KMCO, KEWR, to just name a few. Frankfurt is awesome. Have not tried their new Pearson (sp) Toronto scenery. They have committed themselves to great stuff. GAP is also great airports. Lago's Honolulu International (PHNL), is also just GREAT. It is done in GMAX and is AWESOME detail with little if any frame rate hit. My good buddy: Harald Krause Harald KrauseE-mail Address(es): hkkrause@ix.netcom.comhas done a wonderful job on Denver International Airport (kden). Even better it is FREEWARESamsoft has done some great scenery for South East Asia.The real deal is to just go through AVSIM and FlightSim.com and look at what is available where you want to go.CheersBob

Guest japangg

Hi, you can check 4 (or is it 5?) Japanese airports (Narita and Kansai is included) by Mr. Miyazaki. I forgot the exact file name, bust just search under the name of Miyazaki and they should pop up.japangg

Guest seev_39

I would sayFreeware Bremen (EDDW) by Oliver PabstPayware Honolulu by LAGOSeev

>SimFlyers which is also paywhere >has some of the best airports: Warning - Simflyers has grossly exaggarated green taxi lights making them stand out like some sort of Christmas tree. Way too strong. For someone who cares primarily about night realism (I fly 80% at night) this is a huge turn off.Just an honest information since you won't find anything on the subject on their site.I concur that Gary Summons' work is of highest quality. And of course one should not forget German Airports - probably the most acclaimed (and highest rated) airport add-on series.Michael J.