Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

New Version of AI Smooth on Avsim

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,just found this one:ai_tc.zip"...AI Traffic Controller V1 Forget AI Smooth! Forget AI Separation! After 9 months of work I represent you the new gerneration of AI Traffic Controll. AI Traffic Controller will greatly enhance your AI Traffic as AI Smooth and AI Separation did years ago. AI Traffic Controller V1 is controlling AI Traffic: - on groud - in air - on departure - on arrival More details about how this programm works will follow in the next days in a dedicated manual..."I tried to install it but it I get an Error Message.Any informations?

It's not a new version of AI Smooth. It's something else, something new, something buggy! With minimal instructions, maybe it shouldn't have been approved by the library managers.I get the following error:Please Put This File Wherever You Installed FS2004 Night Time!What is FS2004 Night Time?! Tried to put it in FS9 main folder, same error.

Mike...

Same here too..........Sent email to address in readme but got failed delivery notice...........PeaceRen

Hmmm...I guess I'm going to wait a little more:-)

What this is is the executable from FS2004 Night Time, file fs2004nt.zip and fs2004nt1.01update.zip here on AVSIM. There must be some mistake. This program has nothing to do with traffic.Why Carmine D'Amore's 1.01 update file is here is beyond me. I don't use FS2004 Night Time but if you read the descriptions for his update it explains why you get errors when trying to run it. You must have version 1.0 installed first. Maybe W. Peter will come forward and correct this. I would be interested in trying the program. I like AISmooth just fine but if it does different things or the same things better, I'll bite.Dolph

I don't think I'm going to risk this. I hope it's not causing anyone any problems.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

> Maybe W. Peter will come forward and correct this. I would be > interested in trying the program. I like AISmooth just fine but if > it does different things or the same things better, I'll bite.Exactly, it sounded promising.

Mike...

>>Exactly, it sounded promising.>Yeh, but a little too good to be true as I start to realize now.

Guest easytigerJet

I was also dubious after getting the error message. If something promises to be too good to be true, it usually is.Also, scanned for Spyware and viruses after running it - nothing malicious found on my PC.Rob

The "Red Flag" went up for me when I saw several obvious spelling errors and the statement that a users manual would follow later.Everyone makes mistakes in spelling - I have more than my fair share - but still, careful beta testing should catch the most obvious. I cannot help but wonder why the author was in such a hurry to upload? If a users manual is needed, waiting a few more days so it could be included in the release would have made more sense - at least to me.Let's hope the author will come forward and set the record straight.

That's too bad, I would like to see an alternate to aismooth or aiseperation.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi Rob!>Also, scanned for Spyware and viruses after running it ->nothing malicious found on my PC.I don't think you have to worry about this too much. I scanned the V1.bin and the exe file a little bit. They really contain strings which are related to Fs9 ai. V1.bin is full of airport names and ICAO codes and also the strings in the exe file are related to FS stuff.If it should be a virus the programmer must be quiet dumb to make himself so much work which is only seen by people like me who are going into the deep if a program doesn't work like expected :-)- The program fiddles around a lot with the registry (about 728 times, mostly read operations) but is not even looking for the fs path.- It accesses the file system about 1637 times until this silly dialog comes up(also not looking for the fs9 path) and it is looking for several dll files in its root directory which are not there.Anyhow it is very silly to publish a program in this state. I mean this is what programmers should learn at first. Put your work into another environment and start it from there and don't expect environment variables, folder structures etc. like on the system you create a program. And never, never, never use hard coded paths like this one in the exe file "C:Visual StudioVB98"I hope the creativity of this guy is better than his programming skills or at least as half as good as his self-admiration.let's see...Mick!

Guest easytigerJet

Nice one Mick, thanks for letting me know. I'll stick to AI Separation, but frankly, controlling AI has been the holy grail of FS2004 and no-one has ever really aced it.Rob

>Let's hope the author will come forward and set the record>straight.I was hoping too. But tell me, am I blind or is it gone from the file base?Mick!

Hello to All:The file has been deleted and an email sent to the author asking for an explanation but none has been given after a whole day.I suggest that if you have this file get rid of it right away just for safety.The library managers do not test run files so if it meets certain criteria then it will be approved into the library. Everyone should know that all files are scanned for virus but you still use at your own risk.RegardsRick Senior Library ManagerAvsim Online!