Sign in to follow this  
AusWilko

SR22G2/G3 Turbo by Eaglesoft is out

>So, how does the 'chute work?Very well, actually!If you mean, how do you use it, there is a four (fifth step optional) step process (just like the real deal) where you:Preflight:a. remove the coverb. remove the safety lock pinIn flight:c. pull the handle downd. yank the handle until the chute rocket has firede. (optional) PrayPostflight:If not used, replace the safety pin and cover :-hah

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In the real world deployment of the chute distorts the airframe often making the SR beyond repair. It is fortunate that in FS between sessions that the virtual mechanics can straighten the airframe and recover the aircraft's service. :)One must remember that unlike chutes deployed as air brakes on some jets, this chute is meant to slow the aircrafts descent by deployment at the correct time when a forced landing is imminent and there is no suitable terrain to land. Chute deployment incorrectly can itself result in a serious accident. The chute deployment should be a last resort.But try the challenge just to see the effects.

Guest Nimby

Hey Everyone,Before I buy, I had one question:Is that much difference between the new G3 Turbo and the older G2 to warrant the $31.95 price tag?I already own the SR22 G2 that was previously released, and I really love flying this plane! I realize that there are major differences in the performance of the real-world G2 and that of the G3 Turbo (I had the privilege of flying the real G3 Turbo not too long ago. - A wonderful experience!!!) However, can you really tell or feel that difference when flying each in FS9?If this new G3 Turbo is really superior to the older G2, I'm hoping that there will soon be a nice big coupon from Eaglesoft for all of us that bought the older G2.I also have Eaglesoft's Columbia 400 and Twin Comanche - both are great planes as well. I highly recommend them both.Nimby

Good question. I also have the older G2 model, but would like to know more about the significant differences of the G3 before I decide. I had hoped for a discount coupon as well.

Graeme Butler

Just for the sake of info, there are a number of changes between the G2 and G3 that are not so obvious on first glance, and really call for a redo of the modeling.1- Main gear has been narrowed and is taller2- Increased dihedral of the wing3- Wingspan narrower due to smaller wingtips4- Change in weight from use of carbon spar5- Fuel load increased - now 92 gal6- 10 Factory Liveries in 32bit format7- Turbonormalized Engine Performance and Sounds8- New Panel, New Avidyne 6.0 Software Update9- New Precise Flight Oxygen System, New Airfile10-Both SR22G2 and SR22G3 models included at one price11-Standard 4X3 Ratio and Widescreen 16X9 Panels included12-Outstanding and improved performance in FS9 VersionWe are considering a blanket discount coupon for all but are heads down on the FSX version of this package at the moment. Must be experienced in sim to appreciate!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

According to the cruise performance page in the Avidyne, both aircraft peform identically in the cruise! Whether this is actually the case I haven't checked.John

Don't forget that turbo performance advantage is up high..that's why she is Oxygen equipped:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

"Turbonormalized Engine Performance and Sounds"I tell you what, JUST because you can use "Turbonormalized" in a sentence I'm impressed enough to go to your site and purchase the aircraft. I fully intend to explain to my wife when she questions the charge on the Master Card that "hey...but it is "turbonormalized" duh!!!! :-lolGreat job on the G3, BTW, very nice.Regards,Mike T.

Guest 413X3

no screenshots of the vc and 2d panel, including widescreen panel? I can only see screenshots of the exterior model. What about wanting to buy the FSX and FS9 version, I am guessing they are separate? And cmon eaglesoft guys, you're killin me here, give us the CXv2 already!

Drop over to the FS9 Turbo forum for those shots..they are not up on the site yet. http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=702We are heads down on the FSX version of this product and of course they are seperate sim products since there are seperate sim versions.FS9 CX 2.0 is progressing extremely well at this point. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png