Sign in to follow this  
Guest abz

FlightZone2 Portland Forum

Guest abz

I've never done this before - post on this forum about another forum issue. I purchased the above add-on scenery and had a problem and wanted to join their forum to ask my question. I registered but there was an error in my registration and it did not go through. Tried with another e-mail and same problem. Says failed to send e-mail. Says to please contact their administrator. But without login abilities, I cannot contact anyone on that forum to find out what the problem is. So I thought I'd post here to see if anyone would have any suggestions to try? Thanks, Al

Try e-mailing the Moderator?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest abz

Thanks but how do I get his e-mail address? I cannot get access to any e-mails on their web-site. Al

Jeff Greth also contributes here at Avsim. He may help, he's the 'mod'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest abz

Thanks Dave. Do you happen to know his "user name" so I can send him a PM via this forum? I checked under greth but nothing came up. Really appreciate your help. Al

Guest abz

Thank you Dave. Appreciate your help. Sent Jeff an e-mail. Al

So, what seems to be the problem with the scenery anyway?Many of us have it and might be able to help.

Mike...

Guest abz

Hi Mike: Thanks for your interest in helping. Actually I finally got my FlightZone2 login activated by their moderator and just posted this message on their forum. But since you asked I will repeat it here.Just purchased Flight Zone 2 Portland and I really love this scenery. Can't believe I have not come across it before this. But I had a simple question which I hope there is a simple solution. I am using it with Wideview and while I was testing something else I wanted to disable it in FS scenery library. Right now it is at the top of my list as # 1 and 2. So I just unchecked each box, closed FS and reopened it and everything looked fine until I was flying around KSEA Seattle and noted that all the coastlines had straight edges or completely squared off. No curvature or smoothness to the coasts near any body of water. Any ideas what this means and how to correct it? If I go back into FS scenery library and recheck Portland everything is fine again.Thank, Al

KPDX changes/replaces default files. It becomes really interesting when you have FlyTampa's KSEA as well. Not to mention Ultimate Terrain...I wouldn't advise you to try and correct this, just enable both layers. ;-)But if you want, go to Scenery/Namw/Scenery, search for files named '*915150.ori'. I have six of them, I think they are the ones disabled by KPDX and replaced by custom files in one or both of the KPDX layers. You can try re-enabling them by changing ori to bgl.But again, no idea what's gonna happen as other sceneries may be involved as well. Like FlyTampa's KSEA and UT.

Mike...

>Hi Mike: Thanks for your interest in helping. Actually I>finally got my FlightZone2 login activated by their moderator>and just posted this message on their forum. But since you>asked I will repeat it here.>>Just purchased Flight Zone 2 Portland and I really love this>scenery. Can't believe I have not come across it before this.>But I had a simple question which I hope there is a simple>solution. I am using it with Wideview and while I was testing>something else I wanted to disable it in FS scenery library.>Right now it is at the top of my list as # 1 and 2. So I just>unchecked each box, closed FS and reopened it and everything>looked fine until I was flying around KSEA Seattle and noted>that all the coastlines had straight edges or completely>squared off. No curvature or smoothness to the coasts near any>body of water. Any ideas what this means and how to correct>it? If I go back into FS scenery library and recheck Portland>everything is fine again.>>Thank, AlCheck this thread - in particular the response by Holger which is 3rd or 4th from the bottom. It may be helpful.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=11114#11155

Guest abz

>KPDX changes/replaces default files. It becomes really>interesting when you have FlyTampa's KSEA as well. Not to>mention Ultimate Terrain...>>I wouldn't advise you to try and correct this, just enable>both layers. ;-)>>But if you want, go to Scenery/Namw/Scenery, search for files>named '*915150.ori'. I have six of them, I think they are the>ones disabled by KPDX and replaced by custom files in one or>both of the KPDX layers. You can try re-enabling them by>changing ori to bgl.>>But again, no idea what's gonna happen as other sceneries may>be involved as well. Like FlyTampa's KSEA and UT.Thanks Mike. What do you mean by "just enable both layers".Right now this is the only add on scenery I have on my PC. It is a new PC and have not yet installed all my other stuff. I thought there was a fix for the UT scenery. Does that work?Al

I meant this: "If I go back into FS scenery library and recheck Portland everything is fine again.". ;-)And if everything's fine, why the need for a fix? Don't complicate things. :D

Mike...

I remember there being a patch for UT users.Be sure to check for that if you are a UT user.

Guest abz

Thanks Bill. Yes I have UT and will be eventually installing it. Al