Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Is there no end to junk addons?

Guest Jeffhew

>Won't take too long until we have a flushing toilet>simulator...>>... FS11 is underway :)The ATR72-500 has a good one. Blew me away the first time I tried it. My wife was a bit annoyed though because I pis**d on her ficus before I flushed.:-doh Oh God, that was BAAAD! :-hang Jeff

Guest DK8290

I wonder if 'Bus Simulator' has unruly intoxicated passengers who curse at the driver .... 'as real as it gets' haha

AeroFile has just come out with another addon.This time 'X-Plane 9 forests' for 13E.The reason I'm reporting is another set of interesting advertising screenshots.Especially I recommend the first one.Sorry for a bit of sarkasm, but I just couldn't resist.Have a look for yourselves:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=3103The additional spice is the developer's comment on the product:'Give X Plane the boost of a lifetime'I don't know X-Plane 9 but if the screens present it after a boost, then...Best regards,Rafal

In all seriousness, how does someone define a junk addon. Is it purly based on a visual in respect to what the default FS shows? What maybe acceptable to most from a visual standpoint may also be considered junk for someone else that uses the visual differently.I am under the impression that a addon should always enhance FS (payware and freeware) in every way. We often look at the visual part but never realize the unseen scenery no longer works the way it did before the addon was installed.

Guest DK8290

"The reason I'm reporting is another set of interesting advertising screenshots."--------------I don't really like to talk down about addons if I haven't tried them but I just have to say those dark screenshots are not a good indicator of any information. I can't see anyone buying these from seeing those screenshots. I really can't understand developers showing such screenshots seriously.

Why would anyone pay so much money for a set of replacement tree textures that aren't in any way remarkable? Especially so when you consider there are just as good, if not better freeware alternatives available. The same could be said for the entire "Aero Files" catalogue on Simmarket.I have seen quite a few such products over the years - that is to say products that have insufficient quality and quantity of content to justify the asking price - and it has become clear that MSFS has become a cash cow for many. These are what I think we would define as "junk", although the term is probably incorrect.Any one of us here can load the default FS cloud and sky textures, change the colours a little and then package them for release as "ULTIMATE SKY TEXTURE PACK 2009 DELUXE PROFESSIONAL EDITION" and charge