Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

AFCAD for FS Default Scenery Question

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi allI need some help, usually when I have this problem it is with AFCAD's that are acompanying scenery however I have downloaded an AFCAD for the default FS scenery however the runway and taxiways are not all showing (not flat). None of the runway and some of the taxiway is missing. The AFCAD is placed in Addon scenery/scenery folder? Is there anywhere else that I can place this to get the runway and taxiway to show up. As I said this is for the default FS scenery so I dont have an extra scenery folder for the airport?Not come across this before so hense the question.Thanks alot.

The most logical place to put stand-alone afcads is in your Addon scenery / scenery subfolder.Tell us what you downloaded (complete file name) and where you got it, please.One of us will see if we can duplicate the problem.It sounds as if the author did not set the airport and runway elevations correctly. You can use the AFCAD program and check the Properties of both the default afcad and your replacement to see if they match. Be sure to check the Properties of each runway also.Hope this is helpful.

Hello Nick,I use a lot the same method, afcads for default airports really improves things especially AI wise. The catch is some of them are done for a given scenery. I place my afcads in the folder you mention and it works fine. Occasionally some afcads are faulty so do a check with the fault finder before you start your flight, just in case.happy landings

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi guys, Thanks for the replies! Yes the AFCAD that I downloaded was one for the default FS scenery at EPPO (Lawica, Poznan-Poland). In the event I made some changes to the default AFCAD which seemed to work better than the additional AFCAD I found. None the less the suggestion about checking the elevation was just what I needed to do. All in all I have now found a freeware scenery for the airport and AFCAD to accompany so have changed again but thanks anyway. Useful for me to know!ThanksNick