Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sinnerman49

What file controls the in-cockpit Landing Light????

Guest Sinnerman49

Hey folks...Don't know what I changed, but my landing/taxi lights are so dim I can't see anything from the cockpit. When I switch to spotview, I see the regular bright landing/taxi lights.....they're just EXTREMELY dim inside the cockpit (Both 2D and 3D)Have tried all aircraft...it is common among them all.Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Jeffhew

>Hey folks...>>>>Don't know what I changed, but my landing/taxi lights are so>dim I can't see anything from the cockpit. >>When I switch to spotview, I see the regular bright>landing/taxi lights.....they're just EXTREMELY dim inside the>cockpit (Both 2D and 3D)>>>Have tried all aircraft...it is common among them all.>>>Anyone have any suggestions?>>Hi Lucas,I guess my first question is have you made any changes at all with your system or FS prior to seeing this change? Another is what time of night are you seeing this behavior? Is it any time of night or just when transtioning between night and day?A couple of shots in the dark here. You could try and let FS build a new FS9.cfg. Something in there might have been changed. You could also look at a couple of files here that will let you change your lights. One is Nicks light fix.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=87261The other is Real Environment Pro which has some really nice features in addition to changing the AC lights.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=91533Both options will be an improvement over the default AC lights.I hope this helps.Best Regards,Jeff

Guest Sinnerman49

>Hi Lucas,>I guess my first question is have you made any changes at all>with your system or FS prior to seeing this change? Another>is what time of night are you seeing this behavior? Is it any>time of night or just when transtioning between night and>day?>A couple of shots in the dark here. You could try and let FS>build a new FS9.cfg. Something in there might have been>changed. You could also look at a couple of files here that>will let you change your lights. One is Nicks light fix.>>http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=87261>>The other is Real Environment Pro which has some really nice>features in addition to changing the AC lights.>>http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=91533>>Both options will be an improvement over the default AC>lights.>I hope this helps.>Best Regards,>JeffJeff - Thanks for the helpful Reply.Not sure when the lights changed, although most recently I did install Shockwave 3D Lights redux.I've also installed Nick's Light fix (To dim down the runway edge/center lights) and I've been using Real Environment Pro for a while now.Here's some photos: Landing/Taxi lights are ON in all of them. And while I have 3d Lights installed here, the view is the same with the standard 2d lights.2D Cockpit:InCockpit.jpg3DVC.jpgOutside!Exterior.jpg

Guest Jeffhew

Well,the screenshots don't look too bad. They could be a bit brighter from inside but, it's tough for me to judge. When I fly at night it's usually in a dark room and once my eyes adjust, the light intensity appears brighter than it otherwise would. I've never used the shockwave lights so I couldn't offer any advice on that. Did the Shockwave program provide you an opportunity to back up or restore your original files?Sorry that I can't be more helpful Lucas. I hope you get it worked out.Best Regards,Jeff

Guest johnegg

Hi, just a thought which may be worth a try, sometimes the simple ideas are the best. Looking at your last screen shot the lights appear to be pointing too high to illuminate the runway. Check your key assignments and try tilting the landing lights down and then view again.Give it a try you never know !JohnXP2048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 8800 gt oc 512mbCH Products Yoke & Pedals & THQHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Another thought - your spotlight.bmp, which controls landing, taxi and other spotlights, has probably been overwritten. Try replacing your default from the cd (sorry I forget which) and see what happens.3rd party spotlights tend to produce unpredictable results from the cockpit, and it varies from model to model. I ended up returning to default.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark