Sign in to follow this  
Guest alfredtate

"Electrical" failure issue continues

Guest alfredtate

(For David Marshall)As things stand now David, I went home (I don't have an internet connection and use my work pc), and did all of the steps you pointed out.The Electric failure option still turns on and...here's what I discovered about it:In the Default Flight, when I turn off all the switches (battery, avionics, and starter key) - everything off, the Electrical failure option checkbox automatically turns on.When I turn on the a/c's key to both mags, the option turns off - back and forth - it's consistent. Same thing with other a/c.So one would think that 'ok, you ain't going to fly anywhere without the ignition turned on so what's the problem.' It's this; when I switch to my favorite a/c the Aeroworx B200, and have everything powered up, the Electrical failure kicks in on it's own.As I said, everthing is being done from the Default Flight using the cessna 172. I deleated the FS9.cfg and started fresh, with nothing in the 'situation' line.From what I can see, the basic bug is the electric failure checkbox being checked automatically when you turn off the ignition.But it could go deeper than that. Is this resinstall FS 9 time????Rory TateCanadian, OK

Does this only happen with the Aeroworx aircraft? If you explained that, I did not understand.

Guest alfredtate

It happens with all aircraft. I first noticed it with an Aeroworx a/c.But David, my concern at the moment is that once you've switched off the battery on the 172, and go to Failures/system, you see the Electrical checkbox selected.I would like to know if the same thing happens to you - shut down all electricals including the battery, on the Cessna 172 and does the above happen?thanks for your interest.Rory

>It happens with all aircraft. I first noticed it with an>Aeroworx a/c.>>But David, my concern at the moment is that once you've>switched off the battery on the 172, and go to>Failures/system, you see the Electrical checkbox selected.>>I would like to know if the same thing happens to you - shut>down all electricals including the battery, on the Cessna 172>and does the above happen?>>thanks for your interest.>>Rory>>Sure does - kill the Master Alt/Battery and you get a "failed" in the Electrical under Systems.I think that is normal.Check your default flight carefully (the FLT file). You can open and edit it with Notepad. Here is a section of mine - which is a 737-400:[systems.0]BatterySwitch=TrueAvionicsSwitch=TrueStructuralDeiceSwitch=FalsePropDeiceSwitch=FalseAutobrakes=OffStandbyVacuum=FalsePropSync=FalseFlightDirector=FalseNote the condition of the Battery and Avionics switches.That state is passed on to whatever aircraft I then select.If you are not sure what your default flt is, look at the situation= line in your FS9.cfg file. If you have changed the default flight, the complete path to your FLT file will be shown. If it is empty, then the original default flight (Cessna at Meigs or Seattle) will be used.Hope that helps.

Guest alfredtate

David,I can't find the default .FLT file. The Situation entry in the .cfg file is empty. The default flight still originates at Seattle with the Cessna.Rory

The default FLT file is named FLTSIM.FLT and it resides in:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Flightsother(assuming a default installation)You should NOT edit this one.Hope this helps.

Guest alfredtate

Well, I'm happy to read that you had the same response (Elec.Fail) when turning off the battery.I checked the Fltsim.flt and it reads the same as you laid out, above.I'm going to make sure the default flight is perfectly set up, then bring in the B200 a/c and do the same with it, saving all in Seattle. So that'll be my standard.You've been a great help David, and I sure do appreciate your quick responses.Sincerely,Rory TateCanadian, OK