Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Overland Japanese Airports Vol.3 & Vol.4 update!

Overland has just released in update to there vol 3 and vol 4 scenery's.http://www.overland.co.jp/english/index.htmlhttp://www.overland.co.jp/english/sms/download.htmThe newest updates are as follows.-Taxi way lights' brightness has been increased, in all 6 airports.-Airport ground vehicles and 3D general vehicles have been added to all 6 airports.-Narita Airport's newly refurbished terminal.-Support for Airport Enhancement Services (AES) software (Only on FS2004).

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thanks for the heads up - I rarely check their website, but I have all their sceneries.

Graeme Butler

Guest 413X3

thanks, im kind of confused with the directions. so i have to add the new scenery layer? why doesnt it do it itself? and why didnt it tell me what layer to add?

In the folder C:Program FilesSimmer's SkyJAirport you should find the setup utilities:JA3 Setup Tool.exeJA4 Setup Tool.exeThes utilities give you the option of adding the entries to the scenery.cfg file - click on the button "Register the scenery library"

Graeme Butler

I just bought these sceneries a couple of weeks ago and it seems as though no one ever talks about them here, so I was a little emabarassed that I liked them! Good to know there are others here, and thanks for the update.

>I just bought these sceneries a couple of weeks ago and it>seems as though no one ever talks about them here, so I was a>little emabarassed that I liked them! Good to know there are>others here, and thanks for the update.Hi Chuck no need to be embarrassed I have vol 3 myself which I bought mainly for RJAA.and they are good scenery's its nice to see in update from them. :D and I'm happy you guys got the update I honestly didn't expect one from them at all so that was a surprise.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Ok, I have Overland vol 3 with RJAA. I d/l the update and it installed. I only see one folder within the Simmer Sky's folder labeled Ja3_Vehicles. Inside that is only a texture folder and no scenery folder?? That is all the updater gives me. Is that correct? What am I supposed to do with this texture folder? Copy and past all the files into the main RJAA/texture folder?

Eric 

>Ok, I have Overland vol 3 with RJAA. I d/l the update and it>installed. I only see one folder within the Simmer Sky's>folder labeled Ja3_Vehicles. Inside that is only a texture>folder and no scenery folder?? That is all the updater gives>me. Is that correct? What am I supposed to do with this>texture folder? Copy and past all the files into the main>RJAA/texture folder? Eric is your fs instaltion in your c: drive or is it on other drive letter? you souldnt have to do anything with the folders the installer should do all the work and update the files.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

ya, standard install, C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon ScenerySimmers SkyAll I see that gets updated is that new folder. All the files inside the RJAA folder show no new modification dates on them.

Eric 

>ya, standard install, C:Program FilesMicrosoft>GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon ScenerySimmers Sky>>All I see that gets updated is that new folder. All the files>inside the RJAA folder show no new modification dates on>them.Hello Eric I was wondering what size is the file Ja3_Vehicles ?? mines 38.7 MB I had maunaly added the folder to the scenery libary. this is how my rjaa folder looks like rjaafolder.jpgand this is what the pdf read me says about the installinstall.jpg let me know if you got it working.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Guest QF744

Hi, After downloading and installing the update for Japanese Airports Vol 3,not only does it not work but when opening flight simulator i get this message:- You do not have permission to install new files on this computer.Please have an administrator log on to complete the scenery installation I get this even though i am logged on as an administrator and have never had a problem with any other program. I click OK then get this message :- Unable to write cache file Addon ScenerySimmmerskyRJAAScenery.dat.You log on as auser with write permission. Then i get put back to the desktop. It is obviously related to the JA 3 update because it did not happen before. Anyone have any idea what would cause this and how to fix it? Thanks for any help i can get, Simon.

What OS are you using? Have you written Simmer's Sky support?If WindowsXP, try right clicking on your FS9 icon and select "run as" and run it under the inherent Administrator account. Make sure you've set up a password for that account first though, otherwise you'll just go round and round in circles.Hope this helps.