Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

PSS 777 visual model vs. POSKY 777 V2 model?

I am prolly one of the last people in the community to have bought the PSS 777 which I find to be better than I had been led to expect and very flyable. I recently visited the POSKY website for the first time in quite a while and found their 777 v2 with a VC which looks very nice. But I am wondering, how does the POSKY jet compare visually with the PSS T-7 visual model? Also, does it have more features or working surfaces that you can see in action? Appreciate any posts, thanks!JS

Posky is faaar more visually accurate and detailed - period, and the vc is also a work of art. Kinda tore me but shock of shocks, I still use PSS simply because I would lose the most compelling aspect of the PSS package, the fully functional vc. There is a merge to port PSS displays but that's not enough for me.If I were a 2d flyer, I would not hesitate to replace the PSS model. I wish so bad that the Posky 777s were a full-systemed hi end package, I'd buy in a heartbeat. regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest 413X3

can someone explain the un-movable sun screen in the VC??? I fail to see the point of that besides thumbing their noses at VC fliers. Thankfully this isn't posted on their forum where I would be banned and probably sued for saying anything

Yeah what's the matter with posky anyway? I saw somebody asked for help about PSS merge and one of the devs' reply was "we don't support merges here so get out of here" ... #####?

>Yeah what's the matter with posky anyway? I saw somebody>asked for help about PSS merge and one of the devs' reply was>"we don't support merges here so get out of here" ... #####?That's unfortunatley their philosophy.Therefore I posted my PSS-Posky merging ideas here at AVSIM, not there.I skip two forums in the net for hostile atmosphere, which is Posky and FlyTampa (with a group of 'hard-core-flytampa-fans' bashing you for asking any questions or suggesting any ideas, which is even more irritating due to the fact that they are not parts of the FT team).That's only my personal opinion.Whereas both Posky and FlyTampa products are excellent.Best regards,Rafal

I'm also too afraid to join the POSKY forum. I wanted to ask if there was a way to shut the APU cover but am too chicken ;-)They do make superb visual models though that cost nothing - so, thanks POSKY :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>>Yeah what's the matter with posky anyway? I saw somebody>>asked for help about PSS merge and one of the devs' reply>was>>"we don't support merges here so get out of here" ... #####?>>That's unfortunatley their philosophy.>Therefore I posted my PSS-Posky merging ideas here at AVSIM,>not there.>I skip two forums in the net for hostile atmosphere, which is>Posky and FlyTampa (with a group of 'hard-core-flytampa-fans'>bashing you for asking any questions or suggesting any ideas,>which is even more irritating due to the fact that they are>not parts of the FT team).>That's only my personal opinion.>>Whereas both Posky and FlyTampa products are excellent.>>Best regards,>Rafal>This needed to be said. I see it the same way...

I'd have to see the actual post saying '...get out of here', but I have seen Posky members state they don't support merges. To be honest, I do not blame them - once people start morphing Posky's files, which is required when merging (especially with payware mid to high end panels) how can they be expected to provide support?? I wouldn't either.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hey, look gents, I do not mean to be hostile either (!), but this thread did not ask for views about different forums. Anybody else care to comment on the visual aspects of the POSKY T-7, please go ahead. Thanks to those who have provided comment meantime. Much appreciated. Cheers,JS

Helpful comments, Mark, thanks for posting. I guess I shall just have to install at least one of their T-7s to check it out. Any liveries by POSKY that are particularly good you'd recommend?JS

Tell truth I only tried one BA just to gaze upon it before going back to my PSS vc. I recommend anything by Corey Ford though, like his work.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>>Hey, look gents, I do not mean to be hostile either (!), but>this thread did not ask for views about different forums. >>Anybody else care to comment on the visual aspects of the>POSKY T-7, please go ahead. Thanks to those who have provided>comment meantime. Much appreciated. >>Cheers,>>JSJSFair point. Sorry for going off track there, no offence intended.

Gavin Barbara

>Hi, Gavin!>>>am too chicken>We all are! ;)>>As for the APU door, please have a look here:>http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?...35&hl=APU&st=20>>Best regards,>Rafal>>Dzieki Rafal!Too complicated for me - I'll live with the APU opening/closing with gear retraction. :-)

Gavin Barbara