Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gander

Very Basic Sim Flying

Guest Gander

Here's a link you can send if you want to give a totally unexperienced person a general (though limited) idea of what sim flying can be like. Just have them bring up the link and move cursor from side to side. Pity it doesn't include an elevator control too -- but the scenery's nice.http://www.electricoyster.com/electric3d/index.html

Brought back memories, listening to Jean Michel Jarre while I "flew". I imagine if there were ever a simulated landscape I would have imagined with his music thirty years ago, this would have been it. Thanks for sharing!Regards,John

Very neat, to us sim flyers at least.Friends come over to my house, sit in my office and notice my yoke while having a scotch. "Hey Al what's that?" while looking at my yoke, "it's a yoke, for flying flight simulator" I reply.One thing leads to another and they end up trying it out.....After about 15 minutes I get the standard reaction, "man is this boring! You really sit here for hours on end doing this?" and they insist that they crash into something and upon doing so are disgusted at the poor crash graphics. Which I reply, "It's not a plane crashing simulator, it's a FLIGHT simulator, anyone can crash an airplane"They don't understand our passion/addiction!

>After about 15 minutes I get the standard reaction, "man is>this boring! You really sit here for hours on end doing this?">and they insist that they crash into something and upon doing>so are disgusted at the poor crash graphics. Which I reply,>"It's not a plane crashing simulator, it's a FLIGHT simulator,>anyone can crash an airplane">>They don't understand our passion/addiction!LOL, man, it's purely true.The most frequest question I get is:'Have you tried crashing into WTC yet?'Best regards,Rafal

Great link,cool sky and mountain effects, very simple yet very amusing. Hmmm...this gives me some ideas, maybe I should take a break from my PMDG and get a quality GA aircraft, do some VFR flying.BTW, that Jean Michel Jarre tune certainly adds to the atmosphere.I'll second you on that Al, I can't tell you how much verbal abuse I get when the FS subject comes up. One of my pals even once said as my flight was in cruise, "Hey man, this is like a screensaver, don't you get bored staring at this" How you can explain the joy of turning to base, banking the aircraft, fighting x-winds etc...the list just goes on and on. I won't even mention the "Let's crash!!" part.The request I get most is "let's fly under the two Bosphorus bridges" well, at least that's fun.

>>After about 15 minutes I get the standard reaction, "man is>>this boring! You really sit here for hours on end doing>this?">>and they insist that they crash into something and upon>doing>>so are disgusted at the poor crash graphics. Which I reply,>>"It's not a plane crashing simulator, it's a FLIGHT>simulator,>>anyone can crash an airplane">>>>They don't understand our passion/addiction!>>LOL, man, it's purely true.>The most frequest question I get is:>'Have you tried crashing into WTC yet?'>>Best regards,>Rafal>Thats because we as Simmers are blessed with mighty towering intellects and the sort of people who can't understand our passion are gruntknuckledthickclodbrained excuses for life forms.(not wishing to appear rude of course)Lets fly chapsAndy:-)

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077