Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darren737

FS2004--cannot move slider bars for custom settings

Guest Darren737

I ran FS2004 on an older AMD 950 MHz, 256k ram, machine with accelerator video (WIN XP PRO) with just the basics, and got okay frame rates but could configure all the settings within FS2004.That machine died and I am running now on a new pre-owned Compaq 2.8 GHz Intel Celeron, good video, a gig on ram, and I installed FS2004 last night but noted that all the slider bars in the option settings, from display to sound, to realism, cannot be slid using my track ball. They are all non-functional even though I have the options set to "custom" settings. I tried to un-install and then defrag'd, and then re-installed again today, but get the same issue. Everything seems like it runs normal, good graphics/visuals, sound has little hesitation, airplane response and frame rates seem very good, but I just cannot control the slider bars for customized settings. Interestingly, track ball pointer and buttons work fine, but the only way I can move slider is click on it, then move it with keyboard arrows, but the slider moves but the box-values don't change (meaning they are not being affected), and the slider always returns to the very left-side setting. Any clues? If this has already been covered in this site, I am sorry for the duplication.Thanks,Darren

Guest Darren737

Sorry but I also meant to include, that I followed the recommendations of FS2004's help where they suggest going in and downgrading the graphics/display settings from "true color" to "real color" and I experimented with both 16 and 32 bit, and went to lower and higher pixel settings without any positive effect.Tks again,Darren

HelloThis sounds sort of familiar to me.When you say you have got "good video"what exactly have you got.I am wondering if this is something to do with graphics cards ability to display 3d graphics.I am sorry if this is a bit vague.But it may draw some more helpful replies.cheers andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Have you tried using a regular mouse rather than a trackball?