Sign in to follow this  
mikejr

McDonnell Douglas MD-11 VMO, VLE, Flap Placard speeds e...

Hey guys, I am currently in the process of doing my first ever repaint for a FS2004 aircraft (can't tell you what it is yet, except, of course, it's for an MD-11 ;-) ), and i hope to upload a Kneeboard HTML checklist with it, which i have already done, but i also hope to provide a Reference Information sheet too, the same as the default FS2004 standard.... But, i am having extreme difficulty finding all the VMO, VLE, flap placard, maximum air penetration, accurate V1 VR and V2 speeds etc, so does anyone know where i can find these? This also begs the question, where did Microsoft get this information?Be great if i could get some replies on this, Thanks a lot

Mike 

V speeds are going to depend on a number of factors so unless you get your hands on a AOM for the aircraft it's going to be difficult.Chris over on the PMDG forum found a very good resource for the MD11..http://www.md-11.orgRob

Rob Prest

OK, cheers, but it still doesn't really mention V-speeds etc, would you suggest using maybe the default 777's reference speeds, with just a few tweaks?

Mike 

Oooo, ok cheers, i'll have a look at this, it must be in that lot somewhere!I'll keep you posted

Mike 

Real world V - speeds are going to be dependent on ZFW, ambient temperature current weather conditions and whole host of other variables.. even if you get the real aircrafts figures it probably wont match the simulated aircraft. Depending on how realistic the model is you don't want to be rotating at the wrong VR speed.Rob

Rob Prest

Well, yeah, OK, but do you think it could at least be worked on this basis (see attachment)? Microsoft with the 777 seem to have done sort of an 'average' by using a certain pressure and altitude as a standard (looking at the attachment will make things clearer), so i'm sure the same 'average' would be fine for the MD-11. And FYI it's the Overland/Simmers Sky MD-11 with both P&W and GE engines, with the update (from Avsim) by Bryan Betts - great work ;-)!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191501.html

Mike 

Guest PARADISE

If you really want to get technical, try this........http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/TO&Land.htmlolA more realistic approach for what your'e trying to accomplish may be to use the V speed data from a similar aircraft in your "FS9 hanger"..ie-Airbus 300, 330-200 or Boeing 777-200 and you should be within the ball park. As stated by others here, there are too many variables involved that determine V-speeds.Or, you could fly your md-11 at Full Payload and then Empty Weight settings and take an average of the V-speeds, and again, you'll be close to FS9 V-speeds

Well, lol, my god, that's way, way way too technical, makes me dizzy... I didn't realise they had that much variation! I'll see what i can do but I'm sure I'll do it somehow, thanks for every one's help and further tips would still be appreciated! What about Flap Placard speeds...?Expected repaint release (with checklist and reference knee-board sheet): 2/3 months time (I'm a bit busy at the moment) -- watch the library for my name!

Mike