Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Just rolled back from fsx to fs9 but all is not well.

I have installed just flights traffic 2005 and the americna airlines woai package but at the default airports i dont have any AA traffic and 70% of the traffic is missing dispite the slider being on max. However i fly over to one of flytampa's addon airports and there is hundreds of planes and my AA woai package is showing up.Any ideas? sorry i havent been at fs2004 for a while so ive lost touch with stuffThanks for the helpRichy

Make sure you have Airliners checked under the traffic menu. I did not have that checked and all I got was GA.

Im getting jets its just not many.At DFW theres about 20 planes NONE of them AA but at flytampas Miami theres hundreds but then at jfk theres not as many as there should be and theres no woai American AirlinesThanks for quick replyRichy

1) Are you sure you are using custom AFCAD files at your default airports (does Traffic 2005 include custom airport files)? Use AFCAD and type in an airport name where you have very little traffic and see what pops up. 2) Make sure that the WoAI AA bgl file that is compliled for your traffic resides in the proper directory: sceneryworldsceneryxxx.bgl. ALSO make sure that the aircraft numbers in that bgl file are not the same as aircraft numbers in the traffic 2005 bgl file.HTH,Mike T.

I searched in AFCAD and dfw (the airport i am using to try and fix this) and it sais it is a stock airport and then i searched klax (another airport with low amounts of traffic) this was alos stock then i searched ksfo which is made by flytampa and it came back as being a mod. i loaded up at dfw and i did see 1 woai AA md-80 so i think its just theres a problem with all traffic at default airports not necessarily a problem with woai or traffic 2005.ThanksRichy

Just to clarifyat default airports woai AND traffic 2005 are extremely low in numbers (10 aircraft overall at dfw) but at addon airports flytampa and aerosoft there is large amounts of traffic 2005 and woai.Anybody help?Richy

>at default airports woai AND traffic 2005 are extremely low in>numbers (10 aircraft overall at dfw) but at addon airports>flytampa and aerosoft there is large amounts of traffic 2005>and woai.As suggested above, it looks like an AFCAD problem.You have heavy AI traffic at addon aerodromes because they have their own specific AF2 bgls.Default airports without third party AFCADs will always be close to empty.What's more, make sure Traffic 2005 did not install its own AFCAD files, which could cause potential problems when mixed with others.You can use the ScanAFD utility to check double ones:http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...=ftp&DLID=45600And, in my personal view, it might not be a very good idea to mix a traffic programme with third party AI addons (like WOAI).Being good separately, they may interfere with each other.Best regards,Rafal

I know it can work i had it running in fsx.well i did the scan and it scanned the addon airports and it came up with 10 addon airports im not sure if this was ment to happen but they were ina collumn on the right hand side after scanning.If traffic2005 installed afcads how would i return this to normal and get lots of traffic at all airports?sorry my knowledge of traffic and afcads is very basicThanks for the helpRichy

If you have lots of AI traffic you need better than stock Afcads, simple. Check with Just Flight to see if the package comes with Afcads and how to use them.If the package doesn't come with them, have a look at my post here. A quick and easy way to get 'some' Afcads. Of course, you can also check the library and search for specific Afcads for specific airports.Edit: link fixed.

Mike...

Ah that could be it i need afcads that may be why theres lots of traffic at addon airports because the addons have afcad.The link didnt work but any help on how to get afcads for all my airprots to get all the traffic going would be VERY much appreciated.Thanks guysRichy

well I installed an afcad for dfw and the place is teaming with traffic although American Airines is slightly low it is there and i can live with it. I will get all the afcads for big airports and airports i like flying to. Just found a nice big package of afcads here ona vsim and will install that.Just one last thing what do i do when i have a reasonably big airport but nobody has created an afcad for it?Thanks for the tips and sorry my afcad and traffic knowledge is badThanks for the help.Richy

>Just one last thing what do i do when i have a reasonably big>airport but nobody has created an afcad for it?That's very unlikely, to be honest.Just do a thourough search, here at AVSIM, plus on other well-known sites.One thing you could do some day is to install the AFCAD programme and learn making AF2s by yourself.Anyone can learn it quickly. To want seems enough. ;)Best regards,RafalP.S. When you search for AFCAD files, always make sure it's for the exact scenery (default or addon) you're using. And it's nice if it's acceptably up-to-date.

Yeah will doThanks for the helpRichy

Guest rlitchfield

Like you, I've recently moved back to FS9...I couldn't handle the performance of FSX any more. When I reinstalled everything for FS9, the only thing I can't get working are my GoFlight modules. All the rest of my addons are working just fine.New System:FS9.1Quad Core4MB RAMVista 64Any suggestions for getting these modules up and running will be appreciated.Thank you,RJL

For me i had about 3/4 of a year with fs2004 and then fsx arrived so i switched straight to it and upgraded my pc. I have known fsx since the start so moving to fs2004 was something i wasnt sure about because i didnt know much about it but it has been a brilliant decision although my fsx performed well still in the vc of the pmdg fsx was slow but in fs2004 its amazingRichy