Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

Airliner XP

I might have missed the news, but what has happened to Airliner XP? The content is off their website and there is no forwarding.Did they merge with AirSimmer (both are supported by Flight1)?Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I can't say I've heard anything, but I'm not holding my breath.It must be terribly embarassing for all those involved seeing the huge hype and fanfare with which the aircraft was announced last year.It's a shame really because it looked very good, and if it lived up to the promises it would have been something very special.

Guest ted320

Jean Luc said in July that the project is still alive, but no hints of a release.The screenshots and videos posted last year show an almost complete virtual cockpit and FBW system, and in January of this year a German flight sim magazine published shots of the exterior model.I really hope that we will see this project completed and that either Jean Luc or Lou can reassure us that they intend to release it at some stage.TED320

The project seems to be dead.Didn't they want to release it in early 2007 and not much later?They were anyways pretty arrogant to me.But we don't need to be sad about it, AirSimmer might come up with their entire A32S family in half a year, hopefully...

>The project seems to be dead.>Didn't they want to release it in early 2007 and not much>later?>They were anyways pretty arrogant to me.>>But we don't need to be sad about it, AirSimmer might come up>with their entire A32S family in half a year, hopefully...Yeah, all I know is that Airsimmer is the one that has chances of comming out.Really, as long as it's a realistic, decent, bug-free "bus" it's fine by me, I don't even care about the price, I'll pay anything but please, quick!!!! *:-*

Guest demanton

The website (airlinerxp.com, not airliner-xp.com) is still there, but it hasn't been updated since last year and the forum has been down since February.

>>The project seems to be dead.>>Didn't they want to release it in early 2007 and not much>>later?>>They were anyways pretty arrogant to me.>>>>But we don't need to be sad about it, AirSimmer might come>up>>with their entire A32S family in half a year, hopefully...>>Yeah, all I know is that Airsimmer is the one that has chances>of comming out.>>Really, as long as it's a realistic, decent, bug-free "bus">it's fine by me, I don't even care about the price, I'll pay>anything but please, quick!!!! *:-* The price will be (well) below 100$... it may look like a lot of money, but in the package there's everything one can need... A318/A319/A320/A321. And a wide screen panel option which is very important to me :)

Guest DanWalloch

Well if they are truly going to make the Airbus full functional then it takes time. Did Airbus write all their programming in 1 year?? But then again Airbus and it's vendors probably had a few hundred programers working on it.

That statement is probably more applicable to Airsimmer - AXP has long been backburnered - heck, it's in the fridge. regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Yep, tons of fan fare and the like for the Airliner XP A320 and then zilch. Lou Betti claims that they have to work on other stuff now to support their own individual companies and that the A320 is not the priority. My question is then why all the hype and fanfare basically stating its been worked on for a few years and its almost ready. Now the site is even gone. Lou, Jean-Luc and Vauchez (if he even is still around which I doubt) should really be eating a big plate of crow. AXP is nothing more than vaporware. Get everybody all fired up and then pull the plug or shelve it. Lou has done this iin the past with making announcements and then nothing with the A340 and I believe the 737-200 as well if I recall so I guess anything in the future with his name attached should be taken with a grain, no make that a silo of salt.

Eric 

Plans change and circumstances change in life. I've always been delighted with both the dreamfleet products and Reality XP products I've purchased over the years.Frankly, I'd prefer not to see another airbeest anyway. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I wouldn't be so harsh on them, after all unforseen circumstances can create big problems, especially when one of the key developers apparently leaves the project.Anyway, as for Lou Betti, you should remember that he has headed the one company that probably gives us the best quality and value for money in the FS world at the moment...The Airliner XP saga has probably done nothing to enhance the reputations of those involved, and there's probably a lesson to be learned for all of us:For the developers: Don't launch a big marketing campaign and make big promises until you are 110% sure the product will actually make it to the market!For the customers: Don't believe it until you see it!

Oh come on guys, cut them some slack eh?PMDG have been four years developing the MD-11 and its just reached beta.

Dave Taylor gb.png

That's not the point - it's not about time. Do you believe that, without adequate, clear explanation, the md11 project will kinda, sort of, y'know just well,...slowly fall apart? Leaving you to sort of kinda read the writing on the wall by piecing together ambiguous statements, innuendo and the disappearance of a key member from his own website? Followed by the PMDG forum just shutting down?As one who was 'into' the AXP project, here's what I wanted from the AXP team FAR sooner. 'We apologize to all potential customers but this project will have to be shelved for now due to unforeseen circumstances' - that's all, simple.It's not about anything but clear, concise professional handling of a bad situation.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark