Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

Airliner XP

Nobody is having a go at them. It's just some observations regarding the way the project was announced to the community last year, lots of announcements on the major FS websites, the forums were buzzing with anticipation, and Airliner XP had its own website with the slogan "The Airbus you are waiting for."(Very ironic considering the current situation!). I remember going away to the Falklands in May last year and the word from the developers was that it would be released in Q3 2007. Here we are in Q3 2008 and the project appears to be dead in the water. One of the key developers appears to have disappeared and the others are remaining very tight lipped about the situation and its causes.If Airliner XP is ever released I will almost certainly buy it (at least as long as they release an FS9 version!), but if it never sees the light of day I won't lose any sleep over it. Suffice to say the whole situation must be pretty embarassing for those involved, and I hope they do finally work out their problems and get the product to the market.

>Oh come on guys, cut them some slack eh?>>PMDG have been four years developing the MD-11 and its just>reached beta.I fully agree! I don't even have a problem with all the fanfare when it actually looks like a project is in the works. That's just a normal course of business, and it's great for us to look forward to something. Besides, I've been around "beta testing" in the past, and Lou and team always had it set up in a very professional manner. As previously stated, life changes and everthing doesn't always work as originally planned....I'm more of a "positive" thinker. I give people credit for all the good works they've gave us in the past, rather than complaining and dismissing them, when I don't get all that I might expect in the future. Unfortunately, some seem to forget the past, and only complain about the future!L.Adamson

>As one who was 'into' the AXP project, here's what I wanted>from the AXP team FAR sooner. 'We apologize to all potential>customers but this project will have to be shelved for now due>to unforeseen circumstances' - that's all, simple.>MarkJust because they lose a member of the team doesen't mean to say that they can't complete it, just that because of that, it's going to take a little longer.That's not rocket science, now is it?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I hope we do see AXP pop up soon. The tricky bit for me will be if Airsimmer finish their project and everyone is very impressed with it, will I wait to see if AXP come back, or will I just buy the Airsimmer? At one stage I thought we were going to be having 2 high quality A320s to choose from at around the same time. As a potential customer, this looked good to me.I suppose if the Airsimmer one is released and it's good, I'll buy that and not bother if another A320 is released. I mean, how different/better could it really be?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Does anyone remember the Pilot's L1011 which began development for FS2002 and then dragged on into FS9? It was a much anticipated release but quietly slipped away. If I recall correctly the panel developer left the project and took his work with him.I hope this story isn't being repeated.

>I hope we do see AXP pop up soon. The tricky bit for me will>be if Airsimmer finish their project and everyone is very>impressed with it, will I wait to see if AXP come back, or>will I just buy the Airsimmer? At one stage I thought we were>going to be having 2 high quality A320s to choose from at>around the same time. As a potential customer, this looked>good to me.>>I suppose if the Airsimmer one is released and it's good, I'll>buy that and not bother if another A320 is released. I mean,>how different/better could it really be?I strongly suppose AirSimmer will be the better simulation. Their appearance is very professional and their forum not full of adverts for other products like a certain other one... you know which one I mean...

No, but apparently reading and comprehending my post in it's entirety is.I stand by my statement, AXP handled their issues unprofessionally.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>I strongly suppose AirSimmer will be the better simulation. >Their appearance is very professional and their forum not full>of adverts for other products like a certain other one... you>know which one I mean...Is the "other forum" from the guys that gave us excellent freeware years ago, and have provided some great payware products in all those years since?Do we have to be a long timer like me........to remember?L.Adamson

>>I strongly suppose AirSimmer will be the better simulation.>>>Their appearance is very professional and their forum not>full>>of adverts for other products like a certain other one...>you>>know which one I mean...>>Is the "other forum" from the guys that gave us excellent>freeware years ago, and have provided some great payware>products in all those years since?>>Do we have to be a long timer like me........to remember?>>L.Adamson>>I guess.

>Just because they lose a member of the team doesen't mean to>say that they can't complete it, just that because of that,>it's going to take a little longer.>That's not rocket science, now is it?Keep on drinking the kool-aid.

Eric 

Guest essoblue

Yeah, and I remember Peter Wilding also waxing lyrical about an Airbus he and his team were going to be working on as well, never mind PMDG claiming an Airbus too. I honestly think that there was a bit of 'vendor-madness' going on around about the time of release of FSX, and then everyone realised just what an issue FSX itself would be initially that all that 'enthusiasm' and clammering to be the first to release an Airbus drooped like a cucumber in a tumble dryer. heh, G7sul, didn't you even have a banner in your sig for one of these at one time?