Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

LKPR Scenery

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi thereI came across some LKPR (Prague, Czech Republic) scenery the other day and added it to my FS9. Scenery displayed OK but I had some problems with crash boxes. After reading and searching though the internet I found what was meant to be an updated version of the scenery which removed the crash boxes. Installed and started using the scenery without any problems, however today went to depart and came across another crash box area. It looked like it was a recognised problem but was solved in the update version I had however i still get the problem in some places.Does anyone have this scenery and experience this problem or can anyone direct me to an update which I might not have?Thanks

A little more detail would be helpful, such as the creator of the scenery, or the website it came from...This site perhaps?http://lkpr-scenery.wz.cz/en/index.phpI have crash detection turned off (saves another fps) so I never have problems with crash boxes!

Graeme Butler

Guest flightsimmernick

Sorry - was not concentrating!yes the scenery I started with was:http://lkpr-scenery.wz.cz/en/index.php?clanek=downloadI then searched google and came across this topic which suggested that this update for the scenery fixes the problem. Forum (last post) - http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=1...12be0ed828fab2f Scenery link - http://www.vacc-cz.org/index.php?sect=lkpr Unfortunatley while it seems to be better there are still some crash boxes. Yeap if all else fails will uncheck the crash detect box.Thanks

>if all else fails will uncheck the crash detect box.Frankly speaking it's always a good idea to turn it off.I see no single benefit from having it ON.Especially taking into consideration how many errors you may have using MFS addons.It hurts a lot when you're taxiing to the active or, even worse, after arriving to your destination...Best regards,Rafal

Guest flightsimmernick

yeap on reflection I think that is best!Yes it does hurt when you set a flight up and as soon as you go taxi out "BANG"!Even suicidial if you arriving somewhere after a flight!

Guest flightsimmernick

OK run into a little issue? I have just loaded up FS and gone to this airport with the scenery and although the scneery is still there the default scenery is also now showing up over the top. I am using the modified AFCAD that came with the add-on scenery and I was just making some changed to that and now the default scenery is also now showing.

Guest flightsimmernick

OK - I have since worked out that anytime that I make any amendment to the AFCAD that the FS default buildings at the airport also start showing?The AFCAD I am using is the default LKPR AFCAD that came with the scenery. It is an AFCAD designed for use with multi-runway.Any ideas?

>OK - I have since worked out that anytime that I make any>amendment to the AFCAD that the FS default buildings at the>airport also start showing?>>The AFCAD I am using is the default LKPR AFCAD that came with>the scenery. It is an AFCAD designed for use with>multi-runway.>>Any ideas? I just installed the scenery as it is and didn't try to change the AFCAD. I have crash detection off. I have no probs at all and really like this scenery. Prehaps just install and use as is might be the best solution.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanksyes thasts what I am now doing.Are you using the multi-runway AFCAD?

.>>Are you using the multi-runway AFCAD?I'm using whatever came with it. Was there a choice? Can't remember now.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest flightsimmernick

Yes there was a standard AFCAD and there was also a multi runway AFCAD for using both runways. No matter anyway.

Nick,In the links you posted above, the first link goes to a version dated 05.06.08, the updated link file is dated 23.01.07. I would just use the firt link and thats it.

Eric 

I have just installed this scenery which is available on Flightsim.com (lkpr_x_rc2.zip).While it is probably OK if flying online, if you are not and are using AI Traffic as i do, the hold short nodes are too far from the runways and there are also a few bits of grass showing thru the apron.These can be fixed by altering the supplied Afcad file.Problem:-when you alter the afcad file the default buildings show thru the scenery which kind of messes things up.Solution:-Put the following exclude file in your Scenery cfg.file under the entry for LKPR:-(Exclude=N50 06.74,E14 15.74,N50 05.39,E14 17.47,Objects).This will remove nearly all the default buildings from the Terminal area and also from the area near the runway 31 hold point where biz jets park.Also turn off crash detect as there are quite a few crash boxes in the scenery.Hope this is of use to anyone looking for scenery for LKPR.Yours Stan.