Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Engine 2 remians at Idle

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi all I winder if anyone can help me - I have reached the end of my tether with this problem. it has been ages since I have had it and I think it is something that I have done to cause it. I like to do short multi leg trips and after reaching my first detination I shut down as usual and am running on APU however when I come to start the engines again for departure, they start OK but when I increase power for taxi only engine 1 (left engine) responds and the right engine remains at idle. I have noticed this on a few aircrat and I cant remember for the life of me if it something that I have or have not done before I restart the engines. The aircraft I am in currently is the PMDG 737-700 howevwer I said I think I re-call I have had the same problem with other aircraft. Can anyone offer any advice?As usual very grateful for any helpNick

Hello Nick,I had exactly the same problem with my PMDG 737 a couple of times. I'm not sure what the issue was but same as you I could only get the left engine to work.The thing is I reloaded the aircraft when this happened and it was ok, but then I'm sure you already did that. Alternatively go through the checklists that comes with the manual, if it's related to a procedure that should fix it.

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Thanks for your quick reply. Well I tried to re load the aircraft from the a/c menu the first time and it did not make a differene however I have just done it again and it seems to have dont the trick. The thing was that I had gone though all the flight planning and FMC setup for the next leg which was a bit of a bummer as I had to do it again, but at least it has fixed the problem. Do you know what the cause of this is? Do you think that this has happened to you between every flight ior is it just a randomly occuring thing?

Hi,You have probably pressed the E key at some stage. You can control the individual engines by pressing E+1, E+2 etc. Pressing E defaults to E+1; in other words, now you're only controlling engine 1, which is what you saw.You should be able to regain control by pressing E+1+2, but I've never been able to get that to work...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Sven, Thanks for your reply. That is probably what I have done. When I programme the FMC in the PMDG 737 I activate the keyboard mode so I can type with the keyboard insead of using the click spots with the mouse. I think I forgot to activate this and pressed a few keys first (probably an E). Thanks for that anyway will avoid that in future!Thanks again

Nick,Hmmm...well I'm not sure what the cause was actually, it was kind of strange as I haven't had it since. I do remember that it happened on my first flight but each time I had done something wrong on the overhead, so it wasn't random, I'm positive on that.It doesn't happen anymore, well maybe because I follow the checklists (which I know pretty much by heart now). As you know the PMDG 737 is complexe so anything you forget does effect the systems.I'm sorry I can't give you solid answers but as the other posters have said, the E key could be the problem.EDIT: Spelling

You can also simply go into your key assignments and change engine selection to something else. Never found a use for it myself, I just delete the 'e' key assignment altogether.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks to all, All very good replies and help alot. Will defo get riod of the key asignment and I will look at the utility that Dadid suggests. Thanks again people!