Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Looking for a tool/website to create flightplan files (.PLN)

Hi guys,In the past I used to simroutes or fsroute to convert my flightplans into the .PLN format. However I can't really use them any longer since they're stuck with Airacs from earlier cycles.Can anybody recommend a tool or website with exactly that function, but maybe with more recent Airacs? :)If it's good, it can be payware, too.Regards,

Guest nelsonde

Check out vroute.net, they provide a free basic system to create .pln from a route. Plenty of routes available or you can create your own from other source info (flightaware) and then produce .pln, a pdf log, a booking with VATSIM, etc. Their Premium edition includes fuel planning and other nifty features. They're great. To update AIRACS, a subscription or account with Navigraph is required (enter a purchased code to update).Wouldn't fly without them.Dave NelsonFly PGV!

Guest zacharace

I second vroute premium. Excellent, all-in-one tool for pre-flight planning and servinfo functions. Plus, like someone else said, you can update the AIRAC for ~$15 from Navigraph. I highly recommend it.

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Marius,FSBuild (Payware) is an excellent flight planner and the developer keeps the AIRACS up to date for free. You can learn more here: http://www.fsbuild.com/You'll see the latest AIRAC, 0808 is available now. FSBuild will export your flight plans to FS' .pln format as well as a host of other formats. Really handy is that it exports to PMDG and LVLD FMC formats. You can also download current NATS. Definately worth the money, IMHO.Best Regards,Jeff

Guest Jeffhew

Just wanted to add that FSBuild also exports to FSInn and squawkbox for online flying. Routefinder is built in to the program as well, so you can still create your own flightplans online and then copy and paste the route into FSBuild and it will spit out a complete flightplan. FSBuild will even show you which VATSIM sectors are staffed! Jeff