Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

PSS Concorde ... just won't start :(

I have been toying with this payware Concorde for several weeks now and I just can't get it to start up. I've tried every procedure that I can, the engines try to start, but then they die. I know it's supposed to be realistic and all, but I won't ever know if I can start it up. I'm sure it's something I'm doing or not doing but it's not happening. I'd be happy to get it going with 'auto-start' but that isn't an option either. Any idears?

can you give a brief description of your procedure ?I use this a/c all the time from cold+dark cockpit.Peter

Peter Schluter

well I've gone through several. open the fuel valves, turn on the engine starters, etc but nothing much happens even from the beginning. Is there a way to set this so you can use 'auto start'? I know that's probably not realistic but I'd really like to get the bird in the air. What procedure to you use? Thanks

The first thing you must do is read the manual. All of it. The second thing that I would recommend is to look at page 52 of the tutorial flight manual...DJ

I've been there and done that. Twice over. I have followed step by step. I've seen different procedures on the forums and followed them. The engines try to start, but then shut down.

Here's how I start them. I'll describe one engine as the procedure is the same for the other 3.1. Go to the engineer's panel and switch on the cross bleed switch for Engine 1 at top centre in area marked Air Bleed Control. You should see an indicator move.2. Still on the Engineer's panel move down to bottom left to Engine Starting and start engine 1. The engine sound will start.3. Go back to the main panel and watch N2 for engine 1. When it reaches 20 go to the top overhead panel and right at the bottom are the HP valves. Switch on the left one for engine 1. The engine will burst into power.Repeat for the other 3 engines and you're done. That's probably not the purists way but it will get you up and running in mimimum time.Don't forget my fuel calculator to ensure the right amount goes into each tank. :-)Remember you can right-click on any part of the engineer's panel to magnify it.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ok, I'll try that as some of the other procedures are reversed from yours. I was instructed to open the valves FIRST, so I'll give this a go. Thanks so much.

still no good. Even from step 1 there is no sign of life. I'm clicking "open" on the very top button next to "Eng 1". Nothing happens. The indicator does not move, there is no sound and the cabin remains cold and dark. Guess it's not the important. If it's this complicated, it isn't fun. I'll stick with the sub-sonics. Thanks anyway for the effort.

If there's no sign of life after turning on the cross bleed valve for engine 1 then it sounds like you may not have power going into the aircraft.Go to the Engineer's panel and on the right centre there is a switch to turn on the electrics. I'm at work so can't describe its name but you should be able to find it.Find it and switch it on. Then try the start procedure I described earlier. If that fails I suggest you deinstall and reinstall because following the steps described above should work.It is a complicated aircraft but once you have gone through these procedures a few times they become second nature. Concorde isn't a Boeing or Airbus and it does require some user effort but it's worth it to fly what was the finest passenger aircraft ever built.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Indeed she was. I'm thrilled that I had the opportunity to fly on her when she was flying the London-Washington-Miami route. It was THE flying experience. When I could, on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday I was parked at Miami International awaiting her arrival, and her departure back the following mornings. She is sorely missed.You may well be right about the power situation, because nothing else is lit up in the cabin so I may not have the power switched.Thanks for helping me out with this and I'll let you know how it goes when I have time to play with it some more.

You lucky man getting to fly on her! I bitterly regret not forking out for the pleasure flights British Airways used to operate around the Bay of Biscay. In the final six months of its operation all the flights were sold out!At least I have memories of the arrival and departure of G-BOAC back in October 2003 at Manchester where over 10,000 of us were packed into the Viewing Park. Alpha-Charlie is now on permanent display there and open to tours. I sat in the left-hand seat last year and was amazed at how antiquated the instrument panel looked. But behind that was some extremely sophisticated kit.Anyway, back to the PSS one. If all the lights on the engineers panel are off then almost certainly the power has not been turned on. I think you'll find that once you switch it on everything will work.Good luck!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi there,Apart from all the other good advice, you also need to turn on a lot of fuel pumps on the Engineer panel.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Good point Sven. Those should be easy to spot if they're off.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Speedbyrd,Have you had a chance to try my suggestions yet? Some news would be appreciated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather