Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft Configuration

I'm having trouble with aircraft i have downloaded (ie.757, 767) reaching a decent cruising level (35000ft or above) without it losing airspeed and stalling, this doesn't happen with the default aircraft. Any ideas how and what to change in the aircraft config.files to stop the above happeing?? They tend to falter between 26000 - 33000ft.

Guest RonB49

Make sure that you are displaying Indicated Air Speed (IAS) not true airspeed. I think that you'll find the option under the Aircraft > Reality menu. R-

>Make sure that you are displaying Indicated Air Speed (IAS) >not true airspeed. I think that you'll find the option >under the Aircraft > Reality menu. R- The realism level is set to (IAS) so thats not it, thanks anyway.

Guest Rob

The answer to this lies in the fact that the aircraft you have downloaded have more realistic flight dynamic files than those included with the Microsoft product.If you could specify which 757/767 you are using, this would help greatly as well.You must use a stepped climb (8000, 14000, FL280, FL320) etc. before achieving your cruise altitude. This MUST be done to burn enough fuel.

I know that with the POSKY 767, I had the same difficulties. At weights well below gross I struggled at 3 digit climb rates to get to 310, then had a full throttle, everything forward, cruise speed well below .80. I havent flown one lately, so don't know if FDE updates might have fixed it. Reducing fuel loads to minimums helped some) As for the 757, per the specs, it should be able, from gross MTOW to climb directly to 370...at least in the book. (Planes age and lose performance...)There are ways to "jiggle" the .cfg files to cheat these issues (increasing thrust, decreasing drag etc)I need to download that "aircraft loader" program...would be fun to play with this... meanwhile, I will check the site and check for FDE updates...DaveColorado Spgs, CO (Blizzard in progress)System: (The "J-3 Cub" of Computers...)Athlon 900Asus A7V512 Mb 133SDRAMGForce512 Creative AnnialatorSoundblaster Live40Gb ATA 100 HDDFS2K2 sliders...uhhh, not maxxed out...(Hey!!! Quit snickering there in the back!!!)