Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

Mega World Tour Complete!

Not just any old lap of the world. This one was with the venerable FS9 combo of SSTSIM Concorde, FSPax, FSNav, ActiveSky 6.5 and a visit to every country sporting a 6500ft or longer runway, about 210 all up! I started on 04 April and finished 21 August, so just over 4.5 months. 217 flights (a couple of reruns of aborted legs due to FPax major failures) and 195 flying hours, of which 86 hrs were night flights.http://users.tpg.com.au/roger38//Concorde+Classic.jpgThe most challenging leg was from VNKT (Kathmandu, Nepal) to LQPR (Paro, Bhutan) bringing this big and fast bird down on a 6500ft rwy of 7333ft elevation nestled deep in a valley. Then I had to get out of there!Anyway, the tour was great fun and I have already started on my next world lap, this time using the 1989 Concorde World Tour Route of a more docile 12 leg total I do all my flights on VATSIM as QF5442, so say g'day if you see me on line.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest Pro-Sim

Wow - excellent simachievement! I really admit your dedication to comleting something like that. I'm terrible for starting world tours, then getting bored with whatever I'm flying and abandoning the tour!I was flying a cross-atlantic flight (Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland route, not straight across the pond), as a simulated delivery flight of the excellent Eaglesoft Twin Commanche, but my plane is currently stranded in Greenland, as I then bought the SR22 Turbo and have been flying that in te Pacific North West instead!

I must admit that some of the multiple 300-400nm legs had me struggling for a while, but I slowly chipped away at it. Another interesting stat was that for all the 195 hours I was on VATSIM, I only had ATC coverage for about 8 hours max. Probably a good thing though as I've come across more than a few controllers who don't know how to handle the block altitude of FL480 to FL600 that the Concorde used. They get obsessed with having to assign you a specific altitude, even though no other bugger could get up there to conflict with whatever airspace you are assigned!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Great achievement and one that I am sure is really appreciated by anyone who has attempted to fly the great SSTSIM Concorde. I have completed the 1989 and 1999 World Tour as BA9046 and BA9095 (The real world callsigns) and it was a fantastic challenge. Good luck on your next tour.BTW...what program did you use to capture the legs and produce the map?Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

That is some endurance test! Tell me, any particular areas that are worth noting? Such as most breathtaking places to fly or perhaps difficult approaches/landings? Next time you should back your 'virtual camera' ;)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>That is some endurance test! Tell me, any particular areas>that are worth noting? Such as most breathtaking places to>fly or perhaps difficult approaches/landings? Next time you>should back your 'virtual camera' ;)Give NVVV a go - nice offset ILS - a bit like LICR. Just flew it on my round the world :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

As corny as it sounds, I liked all the places I visited due to the diversity of the trip. This ranged from island hopping in the Pacific and between North/South Ameria, the thunderstorms around Asia, the tick tacking across the many countries of Europe, the vast wide open spaces of Africa and Australia, the high mountains of South America and the Himalayas, and the air traffic density around North America.My favourite flights were those in bad weather with difficult approaches and with an FSPax fault thrown in for good measure. Tricky/enjoyable approaches (that I remember!) were:- VNKT Kathmandu, Nepal with bad weather and rollercoaster VOR approach- ZMUB, Mongolia with really bad weather- a couple of '..kstan' airports due high surrounding mountains- MMMX Mexico City at night and high surrounding mountains- EETN Estonia where the approach from the West on sunset is spectacular - BTGL Greenland because I had no realistic alternate airports in the event of a major failure and it was extremely hazy- KDEN Denver USA because I got to use that beautiful 16000ft rwy- SKBO Bogota Columbo because of the high alt and surrounding mountains- SELT Ecuador, because it was nestled in mountains with no nav aids and I arrived at night- SLLP La Paz Bolivia because it is the highest airport (13333ft) in the world long enough for Concorde to use (Just!)- FHAW Ascension Island as it was a one shot landing with no precision approach, again at night- ORBS Baghdad Iraq for the thrill of being shot up on landing and takeoff with 100% chance of war zone attack (FSPax)- and finally YSSY Sydney Australia for plonking this graceful bird back on the ground again after 215 legs.Gary

Mark,>BTW...what program did you use to capture the legs and produce the map?The map is an output of FSPassengers.Gary

For anyone that is interested in torturing themselves in a similar manner, here are the legs I flew:# Type: Name: Frequency: Course: Dist.: ============================================================================================ Depart: Kingsford Smith Intl [YSSY] ATC: 126.25 0 nm Arrive: Kingsford Smith Intl [YSSY] ATC: 126.25 104827 nm ============================================================================================ Aircraft: Aerospatiale Concorde Cruise: 1100 kts============================================================================================1 Depart: Kingsford Smith Intl [YSSY] ATC : 3 Waypoint: Auckland Intl [NZAA] APT 86

Well done (applause!).I have done 200 hours in FSP in two years so it was quite a feat you pulled off there. I have seen some of your shots in the forum here too during your journey.Now try it in a Cessna ;)

Congrats indeed! So I've dusted off my FSFrance Projet Mach 2 Concorde and have given it a shakedown from Heathrow to Manchester, before I head off in it - somewhere global. Haven't decided yet...;)

Actually Andrew, I was hoping the SSTSIM and FSPax FSX versions would be completed by the time I finished, so that I could do a similar tour again but this time in a different order and perhaps the second largest airfield for variety. I'm looking forward to both of these products hitting the streets.Gary

I just love flying the Concorde - four hours flight time max, the vast distance that can be covered at Mach 2, a handful to fly from start to finish (especially if you manage that fuel balance all by yourself!), and can go most places with 6500ft+ of rwy to offer. What more could you ask for? :-)Gary

Nice tour. I am getting ready to embark on a tour of Russia. I have been spending the past few days flying in the Seattle area, first at KRNT doing some touch and go's with the Posky B737-900ER and then at KPAE with the new Posky B777-200. I think I am going to fly the B737-900ER. AI aircraft is my addiction, and I cannot wait to get over there to see the Russian AI. I think after my Russian tour, I am going to go to the Mideast and fly out of OMSJ with an old smokey An-12.