Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

Mega World Tour Complete!

Guest ThrottleUp

The most challenging leg was from VNKT (Kathmandu, Nepal) to LQPR (Paro, Bhutan) bringing this big and fast bird down on a 6500ft rwy of 7333ft elevation nestled deep in a valley. Then I had to get out of there! Hee hee you flew Concorde on that route?! That should have caused a few avalanches, sent the wildlife scattering and scared the locals http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/...-smiley-028.gifThats some endurance, I admit I do not have the patience for a tour like that so props to you :)

>The most challenging leg was from VNKT>(Kathmandu, Nepal) to LQPR (Paro, Bhutan) bringing this big>and fast bird down on a 6500ft >rwy of 7333ft elevation nestled deep in a valley. Then I had>to get out of there! >>Hee hee you flew Concorde on that route?! That should have>caused a few avalanches, sent the wildlife scattering and>scared the localsYes it was quite an interesting approach which would not be advisable IRL methinks :-). Basically, I had to cross the PRO VOR at 12500ft all dirtied up and just off stall (150kts, gear down) then sink like a rock the next 6.7nm down to 7333ft (around 4000FPM). About 0.5nm out I had to do a mother of all flares to arrest my descent rate and then power up enough to keep the pitch at less than 12 degrees for touchdown. Admittedly, I did overrun the runway by about 100ft, for which I was duly punished by FSPax by sustaining undercarriage damage. A million dollars worth of repairs later, fresh underpants :-lol, and a minimum load of fuel and I was off again. This time, the departure was on rwy 15 with a full afterburner ascent up the same valley I had previously fell into to clear the mountain peaks at up to 14000ft and be on my way to the next airport.Oh, and did I mention that with AS6.5 weather, this all took place through cloud capped mountains that killed visibility for the initial approach. For a while there is was just me, the GPS terrain map, the rad alt and stick manouvres keeping me out of trouble on the descent!Edit - Just found the flight log from FSPax, so here is the evidence:Flight ID: SB185Pilot: Gary DunneCompany: Concorde ClassicAircraft: Concorde BANC HiVC NoCabinFlight Date: 11 August 2008Departure: 16h34 (10h49 GMT)Arrival: 17h36 (11h36 GMT)From: VNKT - Tribhuvan Intl - NepalTo: VQPR - Paro - BhutanNbr of Passengers: 67Report:Flight Distance: 216 Nm Landing Speed: 161.89 ktTime Airborne: 00h42:04 Landing Touchdown: -325.38 ft/mFlight Time (block): 00h46:38 Landing Pitch: 10.23

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11