Sign in to follow this  
Guest c210_cvs

Flytampa Hong Kong and RC4

Guest c210_cvs

How do you add VHHX to RC4's database. I did a databse update but it still sees it as a uncontrolled airport.

I am sure theres a thread about this in the Radar Contact forum - cos if I recall I ported there too about the FT VHHX. Sorry I cant be more hekp but search there.

c210_cvs -- did you ever find out about this? Inquiring minds want to know1 . . . Thanks! :-hah

Guest c210_cvs

Nope, I cannot find a post about it on the RC4 forum. I found one on the flytampa forum but also with no answer.

Run Lee Swordy's AFCAD and make sure that the default VHHX isn't still being picked up when you run MakeRwys. BTW, try moving the AF2_VHHX.bgl file to the Addon Scenery/FlyTampa VHHX/Scenery folder if it's in the generic Addon Scenery/Scenery folder? I find that if I keep the AFCAD file in the /FlyTampa XXX/Scenery folder these problems disappear -- this just happened to me yesterday when I added VLS to some freeware MWCR yesterday.

My generic answer for this kind of thing:On your HD make a folder called AFCAD2s with a subfolder called scenery you you have AFCAD2sscenery.Place the AF2_VHXX.bgl (and any other afcads from troubled scenery add-ons) there. Run FS setup-scenery lib. Add that AFCAD2S folder so it is at the top (#1) position.Close and restart FS so it reindexes the scenery.cfg file completing the addition. Close FS.Open RC4 and run the scenery rebuild. Its database should now pick this up. (If you are on WideFS networked see the instruction manual for one extra step.)That should do it.Whenever you place an AFCAD file in that ADCAD2sscenery folder and start FS, FS will reindex the scenery file, then you can close it and run the scenery database process in RC.What this does is insure that these afcads have priority and are processed in RC4's scenery database rebuild after any of other scenery elements relating to the specific airport insuring that the afcad data does not get deleted by higher priority scenery elements.

Guest Ed Lin
My generic answer for this kind of thing:On your HD make a folder called AFCAD2s with a subfolder called scenery you you have AFCAD2sscenery.Place the AF2_VHXX.bgl (and any other afcads from troubled scenery add-ons) there. Run FS setup-scenery lib. Add that AFCAD2S folder so it is at the top (#1) position.Close and restart FS so it reindexes the scenery.cfg file completing the addition. Close FS.Open RC4 and run the scenery rebuild. Its database should now pick this up. (If you are on WideFS networked see the instruction manual for one extra step.)That should do it.Whenever you place an AFCAD file in that ADCAD2sscenery folder and start FS, FS will reindex the scenery file, then you can close it and run the scenery database process in RC.What this does is insure that these afcads have priority and are processed in RC4's scenery database rebuild after any of other scenery elements relating to the specific airport insuring that the afcad data does not get deleted by higher priority scenery elements.
Hello --I'm wrestling with this issue as I just purchased this scenery. This theory is a good one but unfortunately, did not resolve the issue with FS9. Has anyone found a fix or workaround with getting Fly Tampa's VHHX added to the RC database?