Sign in to follow this  
mackintosh

POSKY ANGER

Well... maybe they figure since they provide high quality freeware a holier than thou attitude should be forgiven :)I generally support freeware (through donations) and payware developers (obviously by buying their poroducts), but some of the exchanges and remarks I've read on their forums have turned me off the idea of supporting them.

I agree.. they are (for the most part) downright arrogant, abusive, rude, and just plain "un-friendly".I will say that some members, particularly Corey and Hiroshi, are very helpful and respectful of people. So not all of them are bad eggs.But one particular founder/member/moderator (who shall remain nameless) is famously rude, cruel and disrespectful to EVERYONE. All he does is show hatred and contempt for everyone and anyone who is new to POSKY and what they offer. In one memorable post on their forum, he referred to all "noobs" (newcomers) as "losers"... I'm sorry, but you don't gain respect for calling newcomers LOSERS! After reading that statement, I quickly reconsidered EVER donating money to help support them. They have a great deal of nerve asking for financial support from the community - especially given the way they treat newcomers who COULD BE potential donors!I think some (most) of them get a big head because they think they are the end-all-be-all of flightsim freeware (which, honestly, they AREN'T)... but they quickly forget that THEY were once new to flightsimming! They were once the "noobs" who asked questions and sought helpful advice from others who were more knowledgable. I read the POSKY forums in hopes of finding information.. but day after day, all I see is an increasing amount of disrespect and outright cruelty to people.Seems to me that the goal of becoming a prominent flightsim group is to gain RESPECT from your peers and to offer wisdom and knowledge to the rest of the community... not insults and vile arrogance.If they dislike people asking questions and they don't want to treat people with common courtesy, they should just make their forum private and hide away from the world where they don't have to deal with the rest of us "common folk".I fully support both payware and freeware... however I draw the line at supporting constant arrogance and flagrant disrespect to a worldwide community of people who all have an inate love for the same hobby!To those few members of POSKY who continuously offer wisdom, talent and respect to the community.. I say THANK YOU for your contributions. To the rest.. I say nothing! :~P - Alex

>Well... maybe they figure since they provide high quality>freeware a holier than thou attitude should be forgiven :)>>I generally support freeware (through donations) and payware>developers (obviously by buying their poroducts), but some of>the exchanges and remarks I've read on their forums have>turned me off the idea of supporting them.I understand the argument about freeware,but if it is such a painful,horrible business and you appear to loathe (for the most part)your users then why bother?I have yet to check out Project Airbus forums(if indeed there is one)but i don't here bad things about them.Oh well as they say in Yorkshire(a particularly brutish and savage part of the UK :-) }there's "nowt so queer as folk"Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Typically I'd say 'oh grow a spine', but a Posky member telling someone to go play with themselves is far beyond the pale.And groups like Captainsim prove that the power of external candy is probably the single most potent in this hobby.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>Typically I'd say 'oh grow a spine', but a Posky member>telling someone to go play with themselves is far beyond the>pale.>>And groups like Captainsim prove that the power of external>candy is probably the single most potent in this hobby.>>regards,>Markyep! it was that post that was particularly nasty and prompted my query.Flightsimming certainly inflames the passions.....not always for the better though.cheers Andy

It's strange isn't it. I mean if you go to the Project Tupolev forum they're a great bunch. And their freeware is amongst the best. Funny old world really.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I don't bother with POSKY's forums any more; the download section is my only stop. It's a shame, too, because I used to enjoy their forums.Ah, well....Bob

This thread made me curious,so I sneaked into the POSKY forum.OMG, Sarah Spencer, Alex Siu... I wonder what they are smoking!? ;-)Wolfgang

Guest essoblue

Yes, same here. I put on my cloak of invisibility and sneaked in. I couldn't believe one or two of the moderators' attitudes. Little Hitlers. #####? I mean, anybody would think they are the saviours of the universe. They've made a few freeware aircraft for god's sake. Grow up POSKY!

Yes..I stopped visiting that site a long time ago. It always amazes me how the few decent guys like Hiroshi manage to keep working with the grossly inflated ego's that appear to make up the bulk of that team. Usually..it's the moderator's who need moderating.Russell.

>This thread made me curious,so I sneaked into the POSKY>forum.>OMG, Sarah Spencer, Alex Siu... I wonder what they are>smoking!? ;-)>>WolfgangI poked my head into their forum today and EVERY post I saw from those (and the other "egos") were crass and totally void of any kind of helpful comments. :-roll

HelloI am an admirer and user of the POSKY models,but one thing continues to puzzle me.Why are they such an angry mob?.I know they get frustrated by people asking questions before searching the forums for the information they are seeking ,but does that warrant the very real abuse some of the moderators fire back these errant posters?It is REALLY unpleasant and does them no favours at all.PS I don't include Hiroshi he always seems to remain civil in his dealings with posters.PPS I would suggest if they really want people to donate to there cause a less threatening and abusive tone would be VERY helpful.PPPS Great aircraft though....very strange indeed.AndyTo scared to post this on there site,in case a gnarled and blackened hand should should reach out through the electonic wasteland of cyber space and throttle me(Al la carrie)

I agree. Their forum has a terrible atmosphere and I never post questions there. Who knows what I will get in response. It is also a problem that their forum nullifies your account after a few months of inactivity.That being said, I wonder in their attitude is actually the type of armor that is needed to remain in the freeware "business". They are the only group intact from my beginning days of simming. Many have come and gone; many have come and gone because they couldn't handle the criticism from the community.It is still unbecoming of their group but maybe there is a correlation between their poor attitude and their longevity.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest Jeffhew

Wow! I had just started looking into the POSKY stuff but, not now. The worst seems to be this guy, NWilkinson. A couple of my favorites: Q: Is the FDE and cockpit and virtual cockpit better than the Overland?A: Micheal I don't care if you're a donator or not, this is not a support related issue, and will not be tolerated.The OP was then Banned.Q: I had read the POSKY 767 manual and it said that the VC model will be released soon. But it should be out a long time ago, is it cancelled? Will i ever get to fly the 767 with a VC?A: That's it. You're suspended. Did you follow the guidelines for support? No. Both From NWilkinson. What a Joke. This guy's a waste of skin and groceries. To me, the attitude with which a developer (free or pay) treats their customers is far more important than the product itself. I wouldn't waste my time or cash with this lump of human excrement. Regards,Jeff

Not 100% sure I understand your point(s).They make their acft for free.They run a website for free.They clearly state the rules for the forums.People dont read the README files and still continue to ask questions...1) Explained clearly in the README 2) Answered somewhere in their forums already 3) Nothing to with POSKY eg is the POSKY model better then the Overland, how come my PSS Panel merge doesnt work...????It is FREE - sure they might be 'strict' but if you dont like it - dont use it. I can think of nothing worse than downloading their acft and then coming on AVSIM and slandering them...I say keep up the great work POSKY..Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens