Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

VirtualCol sceneries

Hi All!Have recently purchased and installed 4 of the Central America airport sceneries from VirtualCol ((MPTO, MNMG, MGGT and MSLP) but none of them appear to have installed correctly and there is no help available from VirtualCol at all. Basically none of the airport buildings have been added and the ground textures are inappropriate with grass in places where runways and ramps should be! I have vast amounts of scenery addons on my fs9 and am quite familiar with installing them but these have left me puzzled! I cannot even find where the folders have installed to on fs9! Has anyone had similar problems? Any ideas how to make them work?ThanksBill Sheridan

>Hi All!>Have recently purchased and installed 4 of the Central America>airport sceneries from VirtualCol ((MPTO, MNMG, MGGT and MSLP)>but none of them appear to have installed correctly and there>is no help available from VirtualCol at all. Basically none of>the airport buildings have been added and the ground textures>are inappropriate with grass in places where runways and ramps>should be! I have vast amounts of scenery addons on my fs9 and>am quite familiar with installing them but these have left me>puzzled! I cannot even find where the folders have installed>to on fs9! Has anyone had similar problems? Any ideas how to>make them work?>Thanks>Bill SheridanHI Bill I own there mpto and skbo, is your current flight simulator installed on a diffent hardrive ?? or is it on the default install C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 ?? unfortunately the way virtucol installs scenery are not created in there own folders. For example like flytampas kbos which looks like this on my system I:program filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryBoston-Logan2 instead all the files go into the Addon Scenery scenery and texture folders. you can also do a search on windows for this file mpto1.Bgl or mptocty.bgl and see were it went.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi Cesar - thanks!Yes it is installed on a different hard drive (not the default drive C), but I selected the correct drive (I have fs9 on my D drive)in the installation window. Should I just create the folders on C and install it there?Bill

>Hi Cesar - thanks!>Yes it is installed on a different hard drive (not the default>drive C), but I selected the correct drive (I have fs9 on my D>drive)in the installation window. Should I just create the>folders on C and install it there?>BillHello again Bill that's very odd once all the files are in theAddon Scenery, scenery and texture folder. it should show up fine in fs9. I know you probably tired this but have you reinstalled the sceneries again? you can try too have the installer install it to a folder on your desktop move the scenery and texture folder to a new folder called mpto, and then move that to the add on folder and add that manually too the scenery library. Did any of the 2 files I mentioned before, come out in windows search? that should give you in idea to were the files went to in you p.c at least for mpto forgot to mention that looks like tropcailsim is working on a new mpto so keep in eye out for there version. http://www.tropicalsim.com/home/

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Hello again Cesar! I did as you suggested and installed to C, then created new folders, moved the scenery and texture files to them and added them manually to fs9 scenery library - it all appears to work now! Thank you once again for your help and advice.Kind regards,Bill

>Hello again Cesar! I did as you suggested and installed to C,>then created new folders, moved the scenery and texture files>to them and added them manually to fs9 scenery library - it>all appears to work now! Thank you once again for your help>and advice.>Kind regards,>BillThats great news Bill! glade you got it working. :D

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs