Sign in to follow this  
VS0

SID/STARS flight planner.

Well i have decided to start using SID/STARS for my flights using pmdg and level d and other products. But i was wondering i often use simroutes but they dont have all the routes i fly and i was wondering if i planned my flight with simroutes or default planner how i can use a sid and star. Also if this is possible with just the default planner or simroutes will radar contact clear me for the sid/star?Sory i was just wondering if this is possible without a payware flight planner as I cant afford it just yet.Thanks for the hel[Richy

FS9 and FS9 ATC engine don't know about SID/STAR, but for FS9 flight planning purposes you can simply obtain the fixes / waypoints used in the procedure and add them to your plan. This may require you figuring out first what runways are in use.Super Flight Planner is one freeware planner that can help build FS9 plans.scott s..

Thanks.Sorry i didnt make it clear enough im using radar contact 4.How would i obtain thewaypoint and fixes and would atc( rc4) vector me or jsut clear me to fly the sid?Thanks Richy

Richy,RC4 will use the waypoints you provide to it. If those happen to be part of a SID then it makes no difference as far as RC is concerned.All the UK airports under the jurisdiction of NATS have SID charts available online here www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php.htmlI imagine the US and mainland Europe will have equivalent sites.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have completed my first flight using a better planner and sid/stars but upon landing/approach the star showed up on the nd as sortof curving round onto final but rc4 turned me on to base and then final instead of letting me fly the star.Ah well it was much more realistic and the star and route ont he nd looked so much better then just turning final and landig.Thanks for all the help just need mroe practice nowRichy

Richy,When you contact Approach (40 miles out at 11000 or 12000ft) you have the option to request an IAP. This allows you to fly your own approach rather than the downwind, base, final legs of the default option.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ah ofcourse how stupid of me. Sorry i am a new user to rc4 and SID/STARS and using a more complicated flight planner as apposed to simroutes.This well help me alotThank you very muchRichy

You're welcome. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Nealoc187

Keep in mind though that in the real world you will often fly part of a STAR and then ATC will issue vectors to final. You won't necessarily fly an entire STAR.

Yeah not sure if rc4 is advanced enugh to do it automatically but thanks anything to build up my knowledge of real world airliner operations.Richy

Hi Richy,<>No, you fly one of two options - RC vectors or your own IAP.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

but i mean if i select my own approach then fly part of the star rc4 wouldnt be able to automatically vector me.Richy

but i mean if i select my own approach then fly part of the star rc4 wouldnt be able to automatically vector me.I thought I indicated that in my previous message. You either go with RC vectors or you select an IAP. You can't reverse either decision once it's taken.If you select the IAP RC will clear you down to the final approach altitude and you're free to fly your own headings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You also said in real world you can fly part of the star then atc vector you the rest of the way.

You also said in real world you can fly part of the star thenatc vector you the rest of the way.No, Neal said that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather