Sign in to follow this  
Guest gopatriots

Imaginesim KCLT texture bleeding

Guest gopatriots

Recently I noticed that all the ground textures for ImagineSim's KCLT have begun to bleed; that is, instead of seeing concrete, I am seeing grass. The runways are still intact, however. I am assuming there's a compatibility issue with another scenery, but honestly I have added so many since KCLT that I have no clue what it could be. I have re-installed, set it to top priority, but nothing works. The odd thing is, the textures only bleed if I am flying into the airport from somewhere else. If I load the aircraft at CLT initially, or take off from there, there are no problems.Is there any way of possibly identifying what the issue is, without disabling the majority of my other add-on sceneries? I am running FS9 by the way.

Guest gopatriots

Thanks for your help, Ed.I had a few landclass and elevation files that I disabled, but no luck. I got so frustrated that I just disabled ALL of my scenery add-ons, but I still got the same problem. I'm really at a loss. Anyone else had this problem, or any tips?

>Thanks for your help, Ed.>>I had a few landclass and elevation files that I disabled, but>no luck. I got so frustrated that I just disabled ALL of my>scenery add-ons, but I still got the same problem. I'm really>at a loss. Anyone else had this problem, or any tips?Is this happening only around KCLT or do you see it everywhere?

Guest gopatriots

Just KCLT. I have had no problems anywhere else.Zach

>Just KCLT. I have had no problems anywhere else.>>ZachI assume KCLT came with some sort of installer.If so, try directing the installer to a temporary folder and then review the results.That should show where everything was originally installed and you can check to see if everything got uninstalled.Sometime such addons replace a basic file which, if not restored, can leave strange effects behind.A long shot perhaps, but worth exploring.

It adds a flatten line to the scenery CFG. If you used the installer it would add it on it's own.I know I too sometimes like to save the installed scenerys in a ZIP and back it up, with this one you cannot.

Guest pilotsr

I just came across the exact same issue earlier today on a flight from KMSY to KCLT. I as well had the texture bleeding at Charlotte, making taxiing almost impossible.After messing about and browsing around on my computer, I did find a resolution that at least works for me.Open the following directory: Flight Simulator 9Imagine SimulationKCLT CharlottesceneryLook for a file named flatten_01.bgl, remove it or rename it. Your texture bleeding should now be resolved.I don't know what the file is exactly, but removing it did not impact or have any adverse effect on any other functionality around the airport.Hope this helps!-pilotsr

Guest ricardohdz

Hi,Thank you for all your replies, I was facing the same situation with CLT and couldn't get it working back again. After reading this post I could finally see some progress.In my case, the external scenery manager/organizer I use deleted the original flatten switch entry for KCLT in the scenery.cfg file. After replacing the flatten entry and renaming the file flatten_01.bgl everything was back to normal. This is the original line for the flatten switch:Flatten.0=748,N35 14.01,W80 57.56,N35 14.01,W80 55.40,N35 11.68,W80 55.40,N35 11.68,W80 57.56Best of luck,Ricardo.

Interesting:I don't have Imaginesim KCLT, but have seen the same thing happen at other payware airports as follow:I have several SimFlyer Payware Airports, including KEWR and KJFK. I also have Manhatten Scenery. If I make a flight for example from KJFK to any of the other Simflyer airports scattered around the world with Manhatten Scenery enabled, I get the bleed through you describe at my destination only. If I disable Manhatten Scenery, there is no problem. This has been a problem going back for several years and confirmed by a number of other people on these forums.I just purchased the trio of FSDreamteam airports (and of course did away with the Simflyer KJFK package.) With Manhattan Scenery enabled, I get the same bleed through as mentioned above at destinations with an origin from the N.Y. area. Disable Manhatten Scenery, and there is no problem.I have never seen this happen with Fly Tampa airport scenery, so my conclusion is that there is something in common relative to SimFlyer and FSDreamteam formats that is different from FlyTampa.The solution has been to either disable Manhatten Scenery when flying from KJFK to any of the destinations in question, or make a two leg hop where the final destination has an origin somewhere else rather than the NY area.For what it is worth:Good luck:RTH