Sign in to follow this  
Guest beauchampboiler

Removing areas of Autogen

Guest beauchampboiler

I am editing my local airfield in FS9 using AFCAD, adding taxiways, aprons, buildings etc and I would like to be able to remove specific areas of Autogen from the simulation as I don't want tree's all over my taxiways! Is there a way I can do this (preferably free) and if so how can I do it?Thanks

In the default FS9 airports, MS uses terrain polygons to set-off airports. Flattens create a flat surface and airport backgrounds both remove autogen and replace the landclass texture bitmap with grass. Sbuilder can do this and there are tutorials in the library. The Sbuilder method is more work than just doing a scenery exclusion, but depending on how far you want to go can provide a better solution, for example you can move roads or streams if needed.scott s..

Guest beauchampboiler

Thanks for your help.