Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

I missed this available generic FMC.

I find it very easy to sometimes overlook items that are available, and probably have been for some time.On the simMarket site I just stumbled across the "Friendly Panels - FMC Pack 1 V1.5".This is a generic FMC that seems to function pretty well like most of those that are included in third party aircraft which included one.If you are a European, it is pretty inexpensive as well. Unfortunately, like everything else, it cost about twice as much for we Yanks, but that is not the fault of simMarket or the developers. To me personally, it is still well worth the price.For what it is worth, if you have overlooked this like I did, you may want to take a peek. The link is:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2833I am on my first flight implementing it in my GV, KLWB-KBTR. It has VNAV built in for I assume any aircraft and as on first look I am tickled to death with it. I have not read the manual and figured everything out yet. The only thing that seemed odd in my first flight, was the cruise speed it entered (>500K) which of course was an overspeed catagory. I was able to easily overide it with the AP selection. Surely this can be edited, but I haven't gone that far yet in my learning curve (seems pretty simple so far).I for one am thrilled to be able to now have a working FMC in my business Jets (i.e. Gulfstream V, Eaglesoft Citations, Falcon 50). I suppose you could put this thing in a J3 Cub if you wanted to. A few turbos should be dandy prospects as well.For what it might be worth......Respectfully:RTH

OK, I have this FMC in my Falcon 50, Gulfstream V, Citation CJ1, and Citation II and had no problems with the installation and performance.In the Eaglesoft Citation X 1.0, My mouse cursor flickered severely (Yes, I tried the default, it flickered too). When I disabled the default FMC that was included in the bird, the flickering went away. There seems to be some conflict between the two FMC's. I discovered that in the window designations, if I renamed this new FMC, "FMC1" and left the original as the "FMC" that the problem was cured. This unit serves as a good temporary substitute until the new version of the "X" is released. If $$$ are tight, it may not even be temporary.I would recommend this FMC, and am very pleased with it.Respectfully:RTH

I once bought v1 and wasn't very impressed. Didn't really use it. I've just downloaded the free upgrade to 1.5 through SimMarket. Maybe I'll have another look.

Mike...

A couple of applications someone might be interested in:Many months ago, I had quite a dialogue with a kind soul relative to getting the PSS Dash 8 to work in FSX. The rest of my PSS aircraft are fine, including the FMC's. However, the Dash 8 is flyable but it needs help by manually intercepting the flight path for a flight plan. That done it does follow the waypoints to the destination. The second problem was that for an AP controlled intercept on an ILS approach, AP control is too sloppy to be used and a manual approach must be made. I thought possibly this generic FMC might be a solution. Unfortunately, the PSS Dash 8 panel will not recognize the GPS for control, therefore that was a fruitless attempt. Now the good news if one looks at it that way: This generic FMC works great in the Premier Dash 8 if that model appeals to you.For another commuter airliner option, it works equally well in the PMDG 1900D. IMHO this is a very fine inexpensive product. It may not even be in the league with PMDG's more complex offerings, but it doesn't cost much either.Happy flying:RTH

Hello Mike:I totally missed the earlier version, but if I remember correctly an upgrade was free for those that had it. I have no idea whether it improved anything or not.A reply on the AvSim FSX forum mentions another similar product that may be superior, but it cost almost twice as much as well.To each his own, and I hope you find something that impresses you.Respectfully:RTH