Sign in to follow this  
Guest killbox

Removing AI traffic

Guest killbox

Hi i am looking to completely remove AI traffic in fs9. I have deleted the traffic030528.bgl file from scenery->world->scenery but when i go in to fs2004 again the silly AI traffic still appears.. what do i do so i can install other AI i have.

Ya got me Doc! If you have no other "traffic.bgl files", you should have no AI. This original traffic.bgl file in no way keeps you from creating your own traffic.bgl files. But then I am assuming you know how to use the Traffic Tools Program. When you use one of the Commercial AI Programs like Ultimate Traffic and Fly, etc. All they do is rename the original traffic.bgl file. They dont remove it. Just change the .bgl suffix to something else and Microsofts Airlines will no longer fly.Bill :-hah

Are you seing default AI traffic in the air or just some static aircraft on the ground perhaps? Some of what you are seeing may have been included with a scenery addition.Keep in mind that Traffic files will work in any "active" scenery subfolder - they are not limited to being in the Scenery/World/scenery subfolder, so do a search on your entire FS2004 set using Traffic as the criteria.Traffic files may have a variety of names but the word Traffic must be a part of the name.Suggestion - don't delete files (you may want them again sometime) - just add an extension like BAK or ORIG to disable them. That makes it much easier to restore if you ever need to.

Guest killbox

I think i know the problem but dont know how to solve it. My fs2004 doesnt install on complete but on minimum it installs. That means some files run of disc4 of fs2004. I looked on the cd and saw that the default traffic.bgl is one of the files on it which could mean that it uses that file off the CD no matter what. WHen i try installing a complete version of fs9 it says disk read error when it comes up to the USEnglishBig.gvp

I agree with Mike -Unless you can clean your existing disks so you can do a complete install, there is no work around I can think of to solve your traffic problem.Good luck.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest killbox

I actually found out that since it is a minimal install, the traffic.BGL loads from C:Documents and SettingsxxxApplication DataMicrosoftFS9SceneryCacheFS_DISC4_WorldSCENERYI have got adobe AI and it removed the traffic.bgl from D:fs2004SceneryWorldScenery but i could still see default traffic. So i renamed Traffic_AdobeTP_4_4.bgl to Traffic030528.bgl and i put it in C:Documents and SettingsxxxApplication DataMicrosoftFS9SceneryCacheFS_DISC4_WorldSCENERY. The only problem now is that Adobe copied other BGL files into the default directory. How do i use these other BGL files?my problem is similar to this person'shttp://www.projectai.com/forums/lofiversio...php?t55149.html