Sign in to follow this  
Guest psierra88

LAX/SoCal Scenery Crash Issue...HELP!

Guest psierra88

Hey guys and gals,So I've been running FS9 for a number of years now, with tons of various addons without too much hassle. However, about six or seven months ago, I began getting crash-to-desktop issues when I was flying in or out of KLAX (and sometimes KSAN). I was using default scenery and installed--and use--Ultmiate traffic a number of years ago without issue. I also used VATSIM in conjunction with LAX for many months without any problems either. The C-T-D message mentioned some sort of corruption in a .dll file, but not sure exactly what it is. I thought it might have been an issue with ActiveSky, which I had recently updated to 6.0 or an issue with too much AI traffic at KLAX so I reduced the settings, which didn't solve the issue. A few months ago, I added some LAX add-on scenery and replaced the default. I thought that might overwrite whatever the bug was with the default scenery, but it still crashes when I load a plane to KLAX or am on short and final approach to KLAX (and sometimes KSAN). Other airports, including KVNY, KSMO and KBUR don't seem to be affected and I can overfly all of SOCAL including KLAX without any problem. I have reduced the complexity settings at KLAX down and that also doesn't help.So now, I turn to you, AVSIMMERS, for help! It wouldnt be that big of a deal, except I live in SOCAL and LOVE flying out of KLAX, so this has been painful.Any suggestions?????Papa Sierra

In such situations, reverting to default, removing scenery parts, checking for double AFCAD files might help.You have to find your culprit. Something is causing it. Usually a file.If all fails, usually FS9 reinstall will help :)

Guest psierra88

>In such situations, reverting to default, removing scenery>parts, checking for double AFCAD files might help.>You have to find your culprit. Something is causing it.>Usually a file.>If all fails, usually FS9 reinstall will help :)Thanks, Word Not Allowed...I thought about that, but have so many addons on my system that I would likely be unable to re-install most of them. Do you know of a way to narrow it down by investigating the specific file that MS is saying caused the error?

Don't know if this is what you're experiencing, but I was getting a CTD flying between San Diego and LA (anywhere in LA county, not just LAX). There is apparently a seam in the scenery around 33 degrees 45 minutes north latitude.After much trial and error I found that it was something in my fs9.cfg that was causing it. Try renaming your fs9.cfg, then run fs9 so it will rebuild a default fs9.cfg. If that fixes it, then you can go back in and add your custom settings.Several weeks after I did this, a friend had a similar problem. When he tried the above procedure the problem went away. I have not had a recurrence of the problem, and I have heavily tweaked the fs9.cfg. Never did figure out what setting was causing the problem.HTHJohn