Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Rnwy 12 object placer

Hello AllI have downloaded this program plus its three add on packs,i have looked at the install instructions and it seems that there are various other programs i have to download from MSoft as well PLUS there are the dreaded how to use manuals (hate dammed manuals).What i would like to know, is this an easy program to understand and use.?What i would like to do is add static ships(tankers and suchlike)to the busy waterways of the middle east.I do quite a lot of flights in this area and these waterways are empty and tankerless.What i would really like is a freeware add on package that does it all for me if any off you know of one i would be MAHOOSIVLY grateful.(lazy...ABSOLUTELY):-) Its to dammed hot for manual reading anyway.BUT!if this is a good user friendly program i will have to get manualling(Groan)Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>Hello All>I have downloaded this program plus its three add on packs,i>have looked at the install instructions and it seems that>there are various other programs i have to download from MSoft>as well PLUS there are the dreaded how to use manuals (hate>dammed manuals).>What i would like to know, is this an easy program to>understand and use.?>What i would like to do is add static ships(tankers and>suchlike)to the busy waterways of the middle east.I do quite a>lot of flights in this area and these waterways are empty and>tankerless.>What i would really like is a freeware add on package that>does it all for me if any off you know of one i would be>MAHOOSIVLY grateful.(lazy...ABSOLUTELY):-) >Its to dammed hot for manual reading anyway.BUT!if this is a>good user friendly program i will have to get>manualling(Groan)>AndyThe program itself is quite easy to use but the installation requires a very careful reading and following of the instructions. (I wrote the FAQ document which now comes with the program to assist in that regard).Personally I now use the payware Instant Scenery program from Flight1 as it (along the with the EZ program from Abacus) offers a "what you see is what you get" interface which the RWY12 program does not.I know "real men" do not read instructions but in the case of the RWY12 program, you simply have to.Good luck.

>>Hello All>>I have downloaded this program plus its three add on packs,i>>have looked at the install instructions and it seems that>>there are various other programs i have to download from>MSoft>>as well PLUS there are the dreaded how to use manuals (hate>>dammed manuals).>>What i would like to know, is this an easy program to>>understand and use.?>>What i would like to do is add static ships(tankers and>>suchlike)to the busy waterways of the middle east.I do quite>a>>lot of flights in this area and these waterways are empty>and>>tankerless.>>What i would really like is a freeware add on package that>>does it all for me if any off you know of one i would be>>MAHOOSIVLY grateful.(lazy...ABSOLUTELY):-) >>Its to dammed hot for manual reading anyway.BUT!if this is a>>good user friendly program i will have to get>>manualling(Groan)>>Andy>>The program itself is quite easy to use but the installation>requires a very careful reading and following of the>instructions. (I wrote the FAQ document which now comes with>the program to assist in that regard).>>Personally I now use the payware Instant Scenery program from>Flight1 as it (along the with the EZ program from Abacus)>offers a "what you see is what you get" interface which the>RWY12 program does not.>>I know "real men" do not read instructions but in the case of>the RWY12 program, you simply have to.>>Good luck.Thanks DavidAm i right in thinking that i would have to keep opening and closing FS to see the results of my work (if using Rwy 12)as i do when adding third party gauges?I think on balance,waying up the options,examining all possible angles, i will most likely,(but not definitely) pass on RWY12 for the moment.Thanks for your replyAndy

Exactly right Andy -That is why the newer payware programs found favor - no more starting up FS again just to see the results.The great thing about the aforementioned payware programs is that they can place all of the RWY12 library objects, all of the FS2004 default objects and all of the many EZ style library objects.Have fun!

>Exactly right Andy ->>That is why the newer payware programs found favor - no more>starting up FS again just to see the results.>>The great thing about the aforementioned payware programs is>that they can place all of the RWY12 library objects, all of>the FS2004 default objects and all of the many EZ style>library objects.>>Have fun!Thanks DavidI am afraid i am a rather strange individual in that i have no credit cards(at all,none,zilch)so can't buy programs on-line.(Probably no bad thing i would spend a fortune :-) PS I also believe the program FS cockpit(thats another one i would like) is very good as well for adding gauges.At present i use the guess the coordinates open and close method(actually i have got quite quick at it now.cheers Andy

No credit card............... hmnn, that does present a problem.Both the EZ program (from Abacus) and my favorite, Instant Scenery (from Flight1) have a free trial download available so you can get the "feel" of the program. You are limited to placing objects in a 50 mile radius of Seattle. Registration removes that limitation.You might check to see if purchasing via Pay-Pal has any options other than use of a Credit Card - I have never used them so do not know if any other options exist. Hope you can work it out as using an Object Placer opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Hi,When adding third party gauges, you only need to select a plane using a different panel, then switch back to see the changes. Scenery changes using Rwy12 will require a restart, though.When doing XML editing of gauges, using Bill Leaming's Reload gauge makes this process painless.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>Hi,>>When adding third party gauges, you only need to select a>plane using a different panel, then switch back to see the>changes. Scenery changes using Rwy12 will require a restart,>though.>>When doing XML editing of gauges, using Bill Leaming's Reload>gauge makes this process painless.>>Hope this helps,>-->Tom Gibson>>Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com>>Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com>>Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___Hello TomI am not actually sure what XML editing is(still at the panel gauge adding stage at the moment),but i am always keen to learn more.Apologies,but what is Bill Leaming's Reload gauge?cheers Andy

Here is the code he uses for the FS9 gauge:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)or you can just assign a keystroke to the Reload Panels event (I use Ctrl Shift P).This is from this forum thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchHope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi TomThanks for the information! I really appreciate you going the extra mile and posting the code and a link.Gene

Gene