Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Please help with adjusting eyepoints

Hello, I am trying to use a 3rd party panel with the Captain Sim 757 Pro. I really bought it for the great external model and although the 2d panel and vc are great, they will take too long for me to learn to use. Please don't kill me for 1. buying this product and 2. not using the FMC.That being said, my goal is to have wing views and 2d panel w/cockpit side views. The panel I have has side views and it also will allow me to use the vc side views. I am fine with either. but I am having trouble with the eyepoint. I am not sure what I need to adjust.When the 2d panel loads, I am sitting too close to the ground. In addition, I can not get the 2d cockpit to line up with the side views from the CS vc.What should I adjust so that the 2d cockpit position is in the exact same position as the vc cockpit position?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

bumpy

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

In the panel.cfg there is a VIEWS section within which you may see VIEW_FORWARD_DIR (put it in if it's not there) and 3 parameters. The first rotates up/down view, the others for left/right and I guess height, I long forget which is what.Play with those and see if you can find a setting that suits you.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Jeff/Mark- I didn't quite follow what you are trying to achieve. But for clarity on Mark's post- The 3 parameters in the VIEW_FWD_DIR line accomplish the following-First sets height of the view- and hence the relative position of the horizon. In effect you can move the view up/down with this param.Second +- allows that image to be twisted- useful with multi monitors to adjust for monitor tilt and placement angle relative to main mon.Third sets the angle of view relative to straight ahead- useful for correcting for the widths of (multiple) monitor bezels.The 2nd & 3rd params would normally be only used with multi mons.For a full explanation, search the hardware forum for MULTIPLE MONITORS in early July this year. Alex Reid

It should also be noted that in FS9 panels, it is typical that there is a forward view of the 2d panel. When you turn view left or right, you see the VC. Your position in the VC is set by the eyepoint= line in aircraft.cfg. One option is to remove the VC altogether. You will have to search, but I believe there is guidance on how to hack an .mdl file to do this. If you remove the VC, you can look for some bitmaps that can be used for the side views in 2d (otherwise you will see just the outside).scott s..

>It should also be noted that in FS9 panels, it is typical>that there is a forward view of the 2d panel. When you turn>view left or right, you see the VC. Your position in the VC>is set by the eyepoint= line in aircraft.cfg. One option is>to remove the VC altogether. You will have to search, but I>believe there is guidance on how to hack an .mdl file to do>this. If you remove the VC, you can look for some bitmaps>that can be used for the side views in 2d (otherwise you will>see just the outside).>>scott s.>.>Scott. I believe you are getting at what I am looking for.When I am in 2d mode, I was to be able to see the left view of the vc so I don't have to insert the bitmaps for side views. The problem I am having is twofold. The current forward 2d view puts me too close to the ground. If I look to the left, I am looking at the bottom of the jetway. The height is more suitable for a crj. In addition, the vc is at the proper height so I can't see the side views. Second, I am placed too close to the wings.In need to adjust the view so that I am sitting at the proper height and closer to the front of the aircraft. If I can line it up with the vc, I should be able to use the side views supplied with the vc.I have played with the eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg but I can seem to get it to change. Do I need to be adjusting the parameters under the views in the panel congig?Thanks for the responses everyone.