Sign in to follow this  
matta757

HELP! Closing unexpectedly?

Hi,For some reason, whenever I try to click anything on the screen while playing FS9, such as trying to grab and move the ATC window or grab one of the scrolling bars (like ATIS or AISmooth), the game closes all of a sudden.Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks,Matt

>Hi,>>For some reason, whenever I try to click anything on the>screen while playing FS9, such as trying to grab and move the>ATC window or grab one of the scrolling bars (like ATIS or>AISmooth), the game closes all of a sudden.>>Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Any help>would be greatly appreciated!>>Thanks,>>MattAssuming this is a new issue for you, what have you installed recently?Try disabling whatever you have installed recently and see if the problem goes away.

i installed the FS Dream Team O'Hare scenery, I am assuming this is the issue, any ideas how to fix it?thanks

>i installed the FS Dream Team O'Hare scenery, I am assuming>this is the issue, any ideas how to fix it?>>thanksWith it disabled does the problem go away?

update...I tried disabling the O'Hare scenery, then attempted to do the flight I have been trying to do all morning.When this started this morning I was trying to do an IFR flight plan from DCA (Cloud9 scenery) to ORD (FSDreamteam Scenery). I was running AISmooth, and when I loaded the flight and was at the gate after opening the ATC window and trying to move it on the scenery, the game shuts down.After disabling O'Hare and trying the same procedure, the game still shuts down.Before disabling KORD I attempted to load just a normal flight (no flight plan) at Chicago, opened the ATC window, and was able to move it just fine. However, last night after installing O'Hare I did experience the problem when I simply clicked on the screen and the game shut down.I am lost as to what to do. Any ideas?Thanks,Matt

I don't really see any correlation but as a precaution I would use ScanAfd and check for any duplicate Afcads for KORD. You can also use the AFCAD program by Lee Swordy to make essentially the same check. A duplicate afcad for an airport can cause all kinds of strange behavior.One should always do this when installing any new airport.Perhaps someone else will have some suggestions.

checked for duplicates, there were nonehowever, i think it is only doing it with my MD-80, because i tried using another aircraft and had no problems... sooooo, what could be causing this shut down problem with just one aircraft? i have made no changes to that plane and it was working just fine the other day...any ideas?thanks,Matt

Is the Md-80 a default aircraft or one you have added?All it takes is "bad" texture to cause strange things to happen.

Disregard my post about it only happening with one aircraft... it happens with any aircraft, including the MRAI traffic board. ALSO, the game will shut down if I minimize the game (say to look at AISmooth or a folder on the computer).Anyone have any idea?!Thanks,Matt

>Disregard my post about it only happening with one>aircraft... it happens with any aircraft, including the MRAI>traffic board. ALSO, the game will shut down if I minimize the>game (say to look at AISmooth or a folder on the computer).>>Anyone have any idea?!>>Thanks,>>MattStrange indeed. Before considering a fresh re-install of FS2004, I would check for a possible heat issue.Take the case side off - use a compressed air can and clean the area while you have the side off - and then direct a portable fan into the component area (with the side still off of course). See if that makes any difference.Components which run hot can cause all kinds of strange things to happen.