Sign in to follow this  
Guest whiteape

FS-Blaze help

Guest whiteape

Well, I downloaded FS-Blaze and have used it for awhile(this program adds forest fires to FS). So, of course, I fly air tankers in the sim that drop fire retardant. Only problem is, is that when you are near a fire, the retardant effects dont work at all(they dont show up). So I found a tip stating that if you add the things in the "Smoke section" of the aircraft.cfg to the lights section of it, that it shows up. Sure enough, it works when near the fires! Now, the only problem is, is that I have to turn on the light that I assigned it for the effect to start coming out, which I do not like because I am all about realism. The options for the light section are - Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=?, 9=Logo, 10=?. Now, does that mean that for 8 and 10 I could maybe make a light that isnt used at all except for making the smoke come out? Of course, if anyone has found a way for the effects to show up while being near the fire without adding them to the lights section, please, post them here. Thanks!

>Well, I downloaded FS-Blaze and have used it for awhile(this>program adds forest fires to FS). So, of course, I fly air>tankers in the sim that drop fire retardant. Only problem is,>is that when you are near a fire, the retardant effects dont>work at all(they dont show up). So I found a tip stating that>if you add the things in the "Smoke section" of the>aircraft.cfg to the lights section of it, that it shows up.>Sure enough, it works when near the fires! Now, the only>problem is, is that I have to turn on the light that I>assigned it for the effect to start coming out, which I do not>like because I am all about realism. The options for the light>section are - Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation,>4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=?, 9=Logo,>10=?. Now, does that mean that for 8 and 10 I could maybe make>a light that isnt used at all except for making the smoke come>out? Of course, if anyone has found a way for the effects to>show up while being near the fire without adding them to the>lights section, please, post them here. Thanks!My copy of FSBlaze has a replacement aircraft.cfg file for the default DC-3. (Actually two - one for the retardant and another for the smokejumpers)It shows how the retardant drop (or the smoke jumpers) is added to the [sMOKESYSTEM] label and is activated by the I key.Nowhere does it mention anything about adding it to the [LIGHTS] label.I have not tried it, but assume that same edit could be made on other aircraft.Hope this helps.

Guest whiteape

Well hey David! Havent talked to ya in awhile. Anyways, I did have it in the aircraft.cfg under the smokesystem. My problem is is that when I am near the fire, it does not come out, but whenever I am away from the fire, the retardant works just fine. Its some sort of glitch. I now just have the retardant for all three of my tankers set to the taxi light and the smoke comes out fine near fires(dont know how smoke even works as a light but hey!) Thanks.

Guest whiteape

So where im at now is wondering if there is a way to set the "light type" as the panel light, that way I can keep my taxi light and be able to use a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off smoke(shift+L). If not is there a way to add a key assignment to the taxi light alone, as its not listed in the lights section keys right now.

>So where im at now is wondering if there is a way to set the>"light type" as the panel light, that way I can keep my taxi>light and be able to use a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off>smoke(shift+L). If not is there a way to add a key assignment>to the taxi light alone, as its not listed in the lights>section keys right now.Take a look at the latest issue of Tips and Tricks. It has a segment which will show you how to add a taxilight toggle.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchHope this helps.

Guest whiteape

Thank you so much Opa! Now I dont have to move my head over in the VC to turn on the taxi lights!

>Thank you so much Opa! Now I dont have to move my head over>in the VC to turn on the taxi lights!Always happy to help when I can.The down side of this is that you cannot file a workman's comp claim for neck injury any more!