Sign in to follow this  
Guest matthewlue

FSrepaint v2.10 demo

Guest matthewlue

After upgrading my display card to Sapphire HD3850, the textures loaded are messed up. I tried updating DX9c to the latest (Aug2008) & catalyst 8.8 but have no luck. Anyone have the same problem too?Have sent email to tech@abacuspub.com but have no response yet...http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/my...080902-0005.jpghttp://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/my...080902-0004.jpghttp://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/my...080902-0002.jpghttp://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/my...080902-0003.jpgThank you.

HelloI am no expert,but i know for instance when you update drivers for a graphics card,that you should remove all parts(can't think what else to call it)of the old drivers as it can cause conflicts.I think you have to do the same with Gcards i think you have to remove all references,bits and programmy stuff relating to your old card.PS does your FS9 cfg DISPLAY section show your new card?Anyway there are people here who probably can explain these things better than i can,but at least it gets the ball rolling.PPS i use a freeware driver cleaner called 'Driver cleaner Pro'when i update my own drivers(which i haven't done for ages because my sim works well and thats fine with ne)cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi Matthew,I know this problem all too well. Had it with two different 'next generation' ATI cards. Tried many different drivers. Used Driver Cleaner.NET. Had a long conversation back and forth with first Customer Support, then the Developer of FS Repaint. He confirmed there had been several issues with the newer ATI cards. I got to try several patches. No luck. Last thing I heard what that the dev was gonna buy a new card and test some more. That was back in January. Since the newer ATI card I had wasn't all that great, I went back to the older generation. Zero problems.Let me know what they have to say when they get back to you. ;-)

Mike...

Guest matthewlue

.....Errr that sucks then..... my old card is a X1650Pro@AGP, so no way for me to switch back~~Thanks for the info~

I'm using a PCIe X1600Pro (512MB). With an E8400, I don't really have any performance issues. I wouldn't mind a newer card though...Just hope they fix that problem. Especially for their payware customers. As a demo user I feel I haven't much to complain about. But it is an invaluable tool.

Mike...

Guest DK8290

I'm wondering if using the Omega drivers instead of ATI's would help any.http://www.omegadrivers.net/You'd have to uninstall all ati things including their control centre (I like the tray tools better ... think it comes with the Omega drivers).Anyway, it's just an idea ... not saying it would do anything.I like the Omega drivers in fs2004 as there is less flickering on distant ground textures.

Nope, won't make a difference. I use Omega Drivers. So my first test back then was to try the official ATI drivers, of course, no change. It really is a problem with the program and the newer cards and beyond our control, I'm afraid.

Mike...

Guest DK8290

Hmmm, I wonder if right clicking it and choosing compatibility mode for win98 might do anything. Just an idea ...probably won't do anything but maybe worth a quick try.

Guest matthewlue

JUst did a try, it didn't do the trick... :( But thanks for the suggestion.Still have no respond from tech@abacuspub.com, may be because i'm using demo....

I was also using the demo, but still got plenty of help. By the way, which version are you using? The last exe I got was 2.10.52 Build 279.

Mike...

Guest matthewlue

Mine is even newer then yours. It is BETA 2.10.53 Build 315.

I have this problem but also a solution: Once in FSRepaint, try closing the aircraft (or do this before you open one) and then selecting the "Software" from the Renderer menu... works well enough for me - see attached.By the way, I'm still on a much older version of the demo (1.23.52) and didn't even know it was still in developement - can someone tell me if these newer versions have anything new to offer?Geoff

I think version two may have added full FSX support?A work-around at the most (FS Repaint doesn't remember the render mode, which is a pain and the lesser quality of obvious, especially when you move the aircraft around). Some odd behavior I had back then was that a first load of an aircraft would look like the captures. And then a reload would result in a fine looking aircraft. And then the next load, terrible, then fine, etc... That's of course not how you expect a program to work. Maybe there aren't that many (paying) users with a new ATI Card and FS Repaint, I dunno. That it hasn't been fixed yet.

Mike...

>Anyone have the same problem too?Hi!It looks like on my graphic card where one ore more memory chips have been defect. Maybe you consider checking this possibility out...Mick!

Guest matthewlue

Looks like a new ati driver (8.9) is out, anyone try it with fs repaint?