Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bearbus

Suggestions for AFCADs?

Guest Bearbus

I decided to start this topic to seek advice in which AFCAD files I can download to make my FS more realistic as I am tired of being in airports without jetways, et al.I would like to add, that they do not need to have extra-detailed buildings or anything as I don't want to kill my computer. Something framerate friendly would be great :)Also I have to mention that I would like to know if the AFCADs will be alright for the AI I use (WOAI).- I mostly visit airports in the Centre and North American continent aswell as Europe, though I would not mind getting advice in another regions.Cheers! :)

>I decided to start this topic to seek advice in which AFCAD>files I can download to make my FS more realistic as I am>tired of being in airports without jetways, et al.>I would like to add, that they do not need to have>extra-detailed buildings or anything as I don't want to kill>my computer. Something framerate friendly would be great :)>Also I have to mention that I would like to know if the AFCADs>will be alright for the AI I use (WOAI).>- I mostly visit airports in the Centre and North American>continent aswell as Europe, though I would not mind getting>advice in another regions.>Cheers! :)Afcads only contain runway, taxiway and parking data (as well as navaids) - they do noy contain buildings or jetways.That type of enhancement is found in airport/scenery downloads.Afcads are available for many airports which WOAI aircraft frequent - they will generally provide additional parking spaces which can be useful if you have a substantial amount of AI traffic active.Hope this helps.

Guest Bearbus

Thanks! What can I do to add jetways aswell? Is it only for payware?

There are a number of Object Placing programs available - some are freeware but the two which seem to be the most popular are both payware.They are the EZ program (from Abacus) and my personal favorite Instant Scenery (from Flight1).Both cost about the same (approx. $25 US) and both are by the same author. Th Instant Scenery program offers a number of options which are not available in the EZ program including the ability to work with FSX also.Both have free trial downloads so you can get the feel of the programs before deciding to purchase. The trial is limited to placing objects in a 50 mile radius of Seattle.Both can place all of the FS default objects as well as all of the RWY12 library objects and all of the many EZ style library objects.If you decide to use one of these programs a whole new world of scenery enhancement will be opened for you.BTW - Perhaps the best site for finding scenery enhancements is this one:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004/whatsnew.phpEverything which is available is listed here (updated daily) and they are sorted by Country.Hope this helps.

Mr. David "Opa" Marshall Made a great choice. There are many AFCADS with sceneries floating around unknown. I try to show them all through sceenshots. Walhalla.mine.nu is a great resource for there AFCADS.A big thumbs up for their research and work.http://ny.connectelectric.net-a.googlepages.com/1.jpghttp://ny.connectelectric.net-a.googlepage.../fsluserbar.jpgAmerican HaulerT. Headlam

Two quick options for scenery with jetways for some key airports are Jan Martin's Jetways & Terminals packages for FS2004.They are available on Avsim - Search for Jan's name as the author - You need JTACOF_9.zip, JTACOF10.zip, JTACOF11.zip and JTACOF12.zipYou might also want some additional AFCAD and updates from Jan's website http://de.geocities.com/janswebsites/flightsim/index.htmlA second source is sceneries by Patrick Finch - these are sceneries for several medium to large airports in the US - but add Jetways to the airports. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+ViewDo understand that except for a few high end, and usually payware, sceneries - jetways in FS2004 do not move to mate with the aircraft- especially AI aircraft.Only in FSX can you define a mate point on the aircraft for the jetway to attach - and even then it isn't perfect.

Another thing to be aware of:MS did include jetways at some larger FS2004 airports (Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta come to mind) but you have to have your Scenery Complexity slider set to Dense or Extremely Dense in order for them to display.These are very plain looking jetways and of course they do not move but they are there at some larger airports.

Guest Bearbus

Yeah I knew they would not move and attach to you, I just wanted the airports to look more realistic.Thanks for the help